MannKind Corporation (NASDAQ: MNKD) is having an incredibly strong start to the trading session this morning. However, if you go digging for press releases or SEC filings, you’re not going to find any. Nonetheless, there is a very good reason for the gains today. Below, we’ll talk about:
- Why MNKD is headed up;
- what we’re seeing from the stock; and
- what we’ll be watching for ahead.
Why MNKD Is Climbing
As mentioned above, MannKind Corporation is having an overwhelmingly strong start to the trading session this morning, but no news has been released. So, what’s the deal? The gains are ultimately the result of a conference call that is taking place as I write this story.
In a press release issued December 27, 2018, MNKD announced that it would be hosting a conference call this morning at 9:00 a.m. EST. Looking at the social activity surrounding the stock, there are quite a few points that seem to be exciting investors. Of the most commonly talked about at the moment are:
- A fast-onset, inhalable treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED).
- The company also announced that the pipeline will soon be updated on the website.
- The company also talked about a migraine treatment that is in early stages of development.
- MNKD also talked about future milestone payments and progress that has been made toward them.
While there were quite a few good points to discuss, investors seem to be upset about some factors as well, and the risks are worth considering. For example:
- Investors seem to believe that the way the company explained executive salaries was poor.
- The company did not fully answer questions that were being asked.
- The company discussed 7 molecules but only gave detail about 4 of them.
All in all, the social realm has a bit of a mixed response to the MNKD conference call. Nonetheless, the stock is headed up. So investors seem to be pleased with the update overall.
What We’re Seeing From The Stock
One of the first lessons that we learn when we start to work in the market is that the news leads to moves. When it comes to MannKind, the news, while mixed in the opinions of some, is being looked at as positive overall. The company is working toward a partnership, improved sales, a larger pipeline, and more, and that seems to be exciting investors. So, it’s not surprising to see that the stock is being pushed toward the top at the moment. As is normally the case, our partners at Trade Ideas were the first to alert us to the gains. Currently (10:31), MNKD is trading at $1.19 per share after a gain of $0.05 per share or 4.39% thus far today.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
What We’ll Be Watching For Ahead
Moving forward, the iWatch Markets team will continue to keep a close eye on MNKD. In particular, we’re interested in following the story surrounding the company’s continued work to expand its pipeline and more importantly, sell Afrezza. Nonetheless, we’ll continue to follow the story closely and bring the news to you as it breaks!
Never Miss The News Again
Do you want real-time, actionable news delivered to your inbox? Join the iWatch Markets mailing list below!