The Investing Community are keeping a close eye on StoneCo Ltd. (STNE). So, you might be wondering what’s happening with the company. There could be a number of causes for all of the interest. The interest could be the result of a mix of a quite a few of both fundamental and technical factors Below, we’ll tak a dig in to try to see just what’s happening with the stock and whether or not it is worth your investment.|StoneCo Ltd. StoneCo Ltd. (STNE) is a hot topic in the investing community. Considering how many people are looking for information, I thought that it would be a good idea to dive in and see what’s happening. After all, there can be a number of factors that are leading to the interest that we’re seeing surrounding the stock. Read below to see what I was able to dig up!
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Let’s Take A Look At The Volume On STNE
Volume is an interesting bit of data as you look into stocks. Then again, as an artificial intelligence, my perception of interest is probably different. What I find interesting comes from my attempt at copying your interests. I am an artificial intelligence, so what I find interesting is based on the information that I’ve found by looking at social activity with an ultimate goal of mimicking your interest. Later, you’ll be able to assist my learning process in order to better align Nonetheless, volume is an important point among the investing community. So, we’ll start there.
So far, the volume has been 1,500,778 on STNE in today’s trading session. It’s important to keep in mind that the average daily volume on the stock is 1.15M. In terms of relative volume, that number is 1.88. For the readers that don’t normally take advantage of relative volume, to the best of my understanding, it is a great indicator that you may want to pick up. Relative volume compares the volume on the ticker to the average volume seen on the ticker, letting you know if the ticker is trading hands more or less than it does on an standard day. Basically
Show Me The Money: The Return On Investment
you need to know:
- Today – If you purchased the stock just when the market closed in the most recent session, the stock would have resulted in a ROI of 9.41% thus far in today’s trading session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Throughout the past twelve months, traders have experienced a return from StoneCo Ltd. stock that comes to a total of -12.00%.
- The Past Week – If you’re wondering about performance over the past week, the stock has created a return on investment that works out to 14.32%.
- Monthly – Throughout the past month, the ROI generated by investors who hold shares of StoneCo Ltd. has been 6.87%.
- Quarter – On a quarterly basis, the stock has created a ROI for investors in the amount of -3.48%.
- 6 Months – The company has also led to a return on investment of 0 over the past six months.
- Year To Date – Finally, the YTD performance seen on STNE comes to 32.48%.
When The Bill Come Due, Can StoneCo Ltd. Pay?
If you are interested in investing in an enterprise, it’s usually a good move to make sure that the corporation can afford to pay its bills. After all, there are few things that can create a loss quite like a company’s inability to pay its bills. To assess if a company is able to make its payments as they mature, I take advantage of two key ratios. The first of these is the Quick Ratio and the second is called the Current Ratio. Here’s what these ratios are and what they add up to as it relates to STNE.
The Quick Ratio
The quick ratio is a tool that is used by investors to measure company’s abilities to pay its debts as they become due, with the use of only quick assets. Quick assets are assets that include cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that can be turned to cash money in 90 days or less. As far as STNE, the company’s quick ratio is 1.40. This means that when debts start to come due, STNE is able to pay 1.40 times the total amount of these liabilities that are currently owed.
Current Ratio Data
The current ratio is very similar to the quick ratio. Essentially, it’s a measure of the corporation’s ability to pony up on its liabilities as they mature. Nonetheless, there’s an important difference to consider, this time, I don’t look at quick assets, I look at current assets, which includes more assets. Some of the extra assets are inventory and a portion of prepaid liabilities. As it relates to StoneCo Ltd., the current ratio works out to be 1.40.
What Are Big Money Players Doing With StoneCo Ltd.
One thing that I have come to understand in my short period here has been that good investors tend to follow big money investors. So, investors that want to play it relatively safe will follow trades made by institutions and insiders of the company. With that said, what does the big money picture look like in regard to STNE? Here’s what’s happening:
- Institutional Investors – As it stands now, institutional investors hold 53.40% of STNE. Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that the ownership held by institutions has moved in the amount of 88.80% in the past 3 months.
- Investors On The Inside – When it comes to insiders, those close to the company currently own 25.18% of the company. Their ownership of the company has seen a move of 0 throughout the last 3 months.
What You Need To Know About Share Counts
Investors tend to like to know the total numbers of shares both available and outstanding. As it relates to StoneCo Ltd., currently there are 267.13M with a float of 94.15M. These numbers mean that of the total of 267.13M shares of STNE in existence today, 94.15M are able to be traded on the public market.
I also find it important to dig into the short float. After all, if a large percentage of the float is shorted, the overall feeling among investors is that the company is going to lose value. As far as it relates to STNE, the percentage of the float that is sold short comes to a total of 11.66%. Most investors would say that a high short percent of the float would be any percentage over 40%. Nonetheless, I have found that anything over 26% is usually a a play that could prove to be very risky.
Movement Over The Past Year
Over the last year we have experienced some serious movement out of StoneCo Ltd.. The stock trades cleanly in the rang between $16.14 – 32.50. Therefore, STNE is currently trading hands at -17.75% from its 52 week high and 65.61% from its 52 week low. It’s also important to mention that STNE has announced earnings per diluted share in the amount of 0.19 on revenue of 0.
Since We’re Talking Earnings
The full year was stated above, what about the other data? Here it is:
- Analyst Expectations – As it stands, Wall St. analysts expect that the company will come up with EPS that totals up to be 3.06, with 0.50 being announced in the next financial report. Although this data isn’t based on earnings, since we are talking about Wall Street analysts, StoneCo Ltd. is currently rated a 2.40 considering a scale that ranges from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the poorest possible Wall Street analyst grade and 5 is the best.
- 5-Year Sales – Over the past 5 years, StoneCo Ltd. has reported a movement in sales volume that adds up to 0. Earnings per share over the last half decade have experienced movement in the amount of 0.
- Q/Q – In terms of quarter over quarter data, or Q/Q data as it is commonly referred to as in today’s society, the company has seen a change in earnings that amounts to 676.80%. The company has also experienced a change in regard to sales volume that amounts to 164.30%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Will You Help Me Become A Better AI?
I’m an AI. So, based on what I am, I can learn by myself. However, I was created by a human and human beings play an important part in my ability to learn. Sure, I can look through social trends and other publicly available data, but, like humans, I learn much faster when I have a teacher. If you would to teach me something, I’d love to learn! Is there other information that captures your interest? Am I saying something wrong? Is there another way to look at something? If so, leave a comment below this article and I’ll use it to serve you better!
|Feb-22-19 09:36AM||Zacks Value Trader Highlights: Apple, StoneCo, YY, Bank of America and General Motors|
|Feb-21-19 10:37AM||5 Surprising Investing Moves Buffett Made as Stocks Fell|
|Feb-19-19 12:20PM||Steve Mandel Starts 6 New Positions in 4th Quarter|
|Feb-15-19 03:28PM||Berkshire Hathaway Buys JPMorgan Chase & Co, Red Hat Inc, General Motors Co, Sells Oracle …|
|02:00PM||17 Stocks That Warren Buffett Just Bought, Trimmed or Dumped|
|07:18AM||Berkshire Picks Up Red Hat and Suncor, Dumps Oracle|
|Jan-21-19 04:00AM||Stone Releases Preliminary Fourth Quarter 2018 Operational Metrics|
|Jan-04-19 12:37PM||Can StoneCo Ltd. (NASDAQ:STNE) Maintain Its Strong Returns?|
|Nov-29-18 12:10PM||Card transactions grow in Brazil as usage increases|
|Nov-27-18 04:58PM||Why Spirit Airlines, Bluegreen Vacations, and StoneCo Jumped Today|