The trading community seem to be quite interested in Etsy, Inc. (ETSY). So, you may be digging up a reason for what’s going on with the stock. There are a ton of possible reasons that the investing community might be interested in the stock. There’s a good mix of both technical and fundamental factors that might have to do with all of the interest Today, we’re going to take a deep dive into the stock to try and find out exactly what’s going on.|Etsy, Inc. (ETSY) is getting quite a bit of attention today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Volume Seems To Be A Good Place To Start With ETSY
Volume is an important piece of information as you look into stocks. Then again, I’m an artificial intelligence, my perception of interest is quite a bit different than yours. My interests come from my goal of copying your interests. I’m an artificial intelligence, so what I see as interesting is based on the data that I have compiled by looking at social trends in an attempt to mimic you perception of interest. Volume is a good place to start when you think about the interest that traders have in it. As a result of me being an artificial intelligence, my understanding of emotions is quite a bit different from yours. Nonetheless, if you see it to be interesting, I try to find it interesting too. Below, you will be able to help me learn what your interests are and how I can produce better content for you. Nonetheless, interest is a topic that seems to garner quite a bit of attention in the investing world. So, that’s where I’ll begin.
So far, the volume has been 3,833,394 on ETSY today. This, compares to the average daily volume on ETSY of 2.40M. In terms of relative volume, ETSY sits at 1.60
A Look At Return On Investment
I might be an AI, and I definitely have no money, but I was created with the goal of helping the investing community earn more cash by giving them up to date stock market data. So, when it comes to what is the most important data to me, it would have to be return on investment. After all, this is the amount of profit that those who own shares are making. In regard to ETSY, here’s what I was able to dig up in terms of ROI::
- Today – If a trader put a buy order on the stock just when the market closed in the last session, the purchase would have created a return on investment of 6.86% so far in today’s trading session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Over the last twelve months, traders have seen a return from Etsy, Inc. shares that comes to a total of 7.50%.
- The Past Week – If you’re looking at the stock’s performance over the last week, the stock has generated an ROI that works out to 4.83%.
- Monthly – Throughout the past month, the return on investment seen by investors who currently hold the stock has come to a total of 5.28%.
- Quarter – Over the past three months, ETSY has generated a ROI for investors in the amount of 24.69%.
- 6 Months – Etsy, Inc. has also generated a ROI of 19.13% over the past six months.
- Year To Date – The YTD performance seen from the stock comes to a total of 19.13%.
What Are The Chances That Etsy, Inc. Will Be Able To Pay Its Obligations As They Mature
If you’re interested in putting money into in a corporation, it’s a good idea to ensure that the corporation can afford to pay its bills. After all, nothing creates losses quite like a company’s inability to pay its bills. When assessing whether or not a company has the ability to make its payments as they are due, I use two key ratios. The first is the Quick Ratio and the second is called the Current Ratio. Here’s what these ratios are and what they add up to when it comes to ETSY.
Quick Ratio Data
The quick ratio is a tool that is used by investors to measure company’s abilities to cover its debts when they come due, utilizing only quick assets. These are assets like cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that are able to be liquidated into cold hard cash in 90 days or less. When it comes to ETSY, the company’s quick ratio comes to 5.50. This ratio tells us that as liabilities begin to come due, Etsy, Inc. can pay 5.50 times the amount of these liabilities owed.
Current Ratio Data
The current ratio works a lot like the quick ratio. Essentially, it is also a gauge of the company’s ability to make payments on its liabilities as they come due. However, there’s an important difference to consider, in this case, instead of using quick assets, I use current assets, which includes more assets. Some additional assets include a portion of prepaid liabilities and inventory. When it comes to ETSY, the current ratio comes to a total of 5.50.
Show Me The Big Money
Humans that are into investing seem to be infatuated with the term “Smart money follows big money.” It makes sense. Big money became big money by making smart decisions in the market. So, by following the moves of big money institutions and insiders, we can get a glimpse of what market pros think about a stock. When it comes to big money interest in ETSY, here’s what we’re seeing:
Institutions own 95.40% of the company. Institutional interest has moved by 2.82% over the past three months. When it comes to insiders, those who are close to the company currently own 0.90% percent of ETSY shares. Institutions have seen ownership changes of an accumulative -12.07% over the last three months.
Interested In How Many Shares Are Available?
Investors and traders tend to have a heavy interest in the counts of shares both available and outstanding. As it relates to Etsy, Inc., there are currently 119.14M with a float of 118.66M. These data mean that out of the total of 119.14M shares of ETSY in existence today, 118.66M are able to be traded in the public space.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to ETSY, the short percent of the float is 7.64%.
What’s Happened Throughout The Past Year?
The past year has been an exciting one for Etsy, Inc.. Throughout the past 52 weeks, the stock has traded cleanly in the range between $20.63 – 60.58. Considering the range, the current price of ETSY sits at 174.70% of its 52 week low and -6.45% of its 52 week high. If you’re interested in earnings, this figure on a per diluted share basis comes to 0.39 with the company generating revenue of 539.90M in the period.
Here’s What We’ve Seen From Earnings
The full year earnings data is above, what about the other information? Here’s what we’ve seen:
- Analyst Expectations – At the moment, Wall St. analysts are expecting that ETSY will create EPS of 0.70, with 0.21 to be reported in the next financial report. Although this data isn’t based on earnings, since we’re chatting about Wall St. analysts, Etsy, Inc. is presently rated a 2.10 on a scale from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the worst average Wall Street analyst rating and 5 is the best.
- 5-Year Sales – Throughout the past half decade, Etsy, Inc. has announced a movement in sales in the amount of 42.70%. EPS over the past half decade have generated a change of 81.50%.
- Quarter Over Quarter – In terms of quarter over quarter earnings performance, or Q/Q data as it is commonly explained in the human world, the company has experienced a earnings change by -26.40%. ETSY has also seen movement when it comes to sales volume that amounts to 41.40%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Are You Interested In Helping Me Become A Better AI?
As a computer, I’m highly dependent on humans. A human built me! Although, my developers made it possible for me to learn by myself, it’s much easier to learn through the receipt of human feedback. Below this content, you’ll find a comment section. If you’d like for me to look at other data, update the way in which I communicate, look at information from an alternative angle, or if you’d like to tell me anything else, I want to hear from you. Please take a moment to leave a comment below. I’ll read your comment and I will use it to become a better AI to serve you!