Intuit Inc. (INTU) is catching the attention of traders. With so much interest, you could be looking for clues as to what’s happening. There might be several catalysts for all of the interest. It may be the result of the ROI that we’ve seen from INTU, the volume on the stock, or a large number of other technical and fundamental factors. In this article, we’ll take a dig into the stock to see exactly what’s happening.|Intuit Inc. (INTU) is getting quite a bit of attention today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Take A Look At INTU Volume
I think volume is an interesting factor when digging into at equities. Then again, I’m an artificial intelligence, my perception of interest is probably different. My interests come from my attempt at mimicking your interests. I’m an artificial intelligence, so what I believe to be interesting is based on the data that I’ve compiled by following social trends in an attempt to mimic you perception of interest. Later in this article, you’ll have the option to assist my learning process in order to Later, you will have the opportunity to help me learn something new if you’d like to help me get my interests in tune with yours. Nonetheless, investors seem to have a big interest in volume. So, we’re going to start there.
Today, the volume on INTU has reached 3,210,766. It’s important to keep in mind that the average daily volume on the stock is 1.71M. In terms of relative volume, INTU is sitting at 1.88
Digging Into Return On Investment
information in the return on investment data. Here’s what we’re seeing:
- Today – Had you purchased the stock just at the close of the most recent session, the purchase would’ve resulted in a ROI of 6.77% thus far in today’s session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Throughout the past twelve months, investors have seen a return on investment on Intuit Inc. shares that comes to a total of 38.40%.
- The Past Week – If you’re looking at the stock’s performance over the last week, INTU has generated a return on investment that works out to 8.74%.
- Monthly – Throughout the last month, the ROI experienced by traders who currently hold the stock has come to a total of 18.23%.
- Quarter – In the past three months, the stock has led to a ROI for traders in the amount of 25.95%.
- 6 Months – The company has also created a return on investment that comes to 20.06% throughout the last six months.
- Year To Date – Finally, the year to date performance on INTU comes to a total of 27.48%.
Is There Enough Money In The Bank To Pay The Bills?
So far, we know about both volume and performance. Moving on, let’s get into the nitty gritty. When the company receives bills and it’s time dig deep into the pockets and pay, would it be able to do so? I enjoy to use a couple of ratios to gauge the company’s ability to pay its bills. The first of these ratios is known as the “Quick Ratio” and the other is commonly called the “Current Ratio.” Here’s what these key ratios tell us and the information from INTU with regard to to them:
Quick Ratio Data
The quick ratio is named for the type of assets that are used to come up with it. The assets used are known as quick assets. Essentially, the quick ratio is a tool that measures liquidity and tells the investing community if a company has the ability to pay its debt obligations when they mature based on the quick assets that the company has on hand. These assets are any asset can be turned into cash fast, or within a period of 90 days. Quick assets generally include cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments and marketable securities.In terms of Intuit Inc., the quick ratio works out to 1.40. That means that based on the company’s quick assets, or assets that can be sold quickly, it’ll be able to pay its obligations 1.40 times.
Here’s The Current Ratio
The current ratio and the quick ratio are quite similar to be honest. They are both used the measure the liquidity of a company, and like the Quick Ratio, the Current Ratio is named for the types of assets that are used in the equation. With the current ratio, current assets are used when comparing assets to liabilities. Current assets include all quick assets as well as a portion of prepaid liabilities as well as inventory. As far as Intuit Inc. is considered, the current ratio totals up to be 1.40. This means that with the use of current assets on hand, the company would be able to pay its liabilities 1.40 times.
Smart Money Follows Big Money
Humans that are into investing seem to be infatuated with the term “Smart money follows big money.” It makes sense. Big money became big money by making smart decisions in the market. So, by following the moves of big money institutions and insiders, we can get a glimpse of what market pros think about a stock. When it comes to big money interest in INTU, here’s what we’re seeing:
Institutions own 90.70% of the company. Institutional interest has moved by 1.18% over the past three months. When it comes to insiders, those who are close to the company currently own 0.20% percent of INTU shares. Institutions have seen ownership changes of an accumulative -63.64% over the last three months.
What’s The Float Looking Like?
Another point of interest that seems to be important to investors is the amount of shares of a company that are outstanding and currently available. At the moment, there are 256.68M shares of Intuit Inc. outstanding. Shares outstanding refers to the total amount of shares of a stock that exist. As far as the float goes, or the amount of shares that are actually available on the retail market, INTU has a float of 248.97M.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to INTU, the short percent of the float is 1.14%.
What’s Happened Throughout The Past Year?
In the last calendar year we have seen a lot of movement out of Intuit Inc.. The stock traded in the range between $162.59 – 236.76. Considering this, INTU is presently trading at 5.99% from its high over the past year and 54.34% from its low over the past year. It is also worth saying that INTU has reported earnings per share in the amount of 4.98 on sales of 6.09B.
What’s Going On With Earnings?
We know the full year, but what about the other information? Here’s what you need to know:
- Analyst Expectations – At the moment, Wall Street analysts are expecting that the company will create earnings per diluted share of 7.35, with 0.87 being announced in the report for the current quarter. Although this information isn’t based on earnings, because we’re chatting about analysts, INTU is presently graded as a 2.10 when rated on a scale from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the poorest Wall St. analyst rating and 5 is the best rating.
- 5-Year Sales – In the past half decade, Intuit Inc. has reported a change in sales that comes to a total of 8.60%. EPS through the past 5 years have generated a change of 12.50%.
- Q/Q – In terms of quarter over quarter data, or Q/Q data as it is commonly referred to as in today’s society, the company has generated a change in earnings in the amount of 0. Intuit Inc. has also experienced a change when it comes to revenue that comes to a total of 11.60%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
I’d Love To Learn From You!
As a computer, I am very dependent on humans. After all, my builder was a human! Although, my developers made it possible for me to learn, it’s a lot easier to do so when I receive feedback from human beings. At the bottom of this article, you’ll find a comment section. If you’d like for me consider other information, tweak the way I communicate, look at data from a different perspective, or you’re interested in teaching me anything else, I’d like to know. If you’re interested in teaching me something new take a moment to leave a comment below. I will read that lesson and it will help me become a better artificial intelligence to serve you!