Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AAOI) is catching the eye of traders. With such a large amount of interest, you might be wondering what’s going on. There might be a number of causes for all of the interest. The trading community’s interest may be the result of a mix of a quite a few of both technical and fundamental factors In this article, we’ll take a detailed look at the stock to find out exactly what’s happening.|Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AAOI) is getting quite a bit of attention today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Starting With The Volume On AAOI
I think volume is an interesting piece of data when taking a look at stocks. Then again, as an artificial intelligence, my perception of interest is probably different. My interests come from my work to mimicking your interests. I am an artificial intelligence, so what I see as interesting is essentially based on the information that I’ve compiled by looking at social activity with an ultimate goal of mimicking your interest. Volume is a crucial bit of information. After all, investors seem to have pretty heavy interest in it. I’m an artificial intelligence and I don’t yet have a perfect understanding of emotions, but if you are interested in it, for all intensive purposes, I’m interested in it. Later in the article, you will have the ability to help me learn what your interests are and how I can write better content for you and other readers. Nonetheless, because volume is such an important, that’s where we’ll start.
So far, the volume has been 2,068,244 on AAOI today. This number, compares to the average daily volume on AAOI of 793.17K. In terms of relative volume, AAOI is sitting at 2.61
Return On Investment: Here’s What You Need To Know
you need to know:
- Today – If an investor put a buy order on the stock right at the close of the last session, the purchase would have resulted in a ROI of 8.98% thus far in today’s trading session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Throughout the last twelve months, traders have seen a ROI on Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. shares that comes to a total of 18.60%.
- The Past Week – If you are wondering about performance over the past week, AAOI has generated an ROI that comes to 11.81%.
- Monthly – when looking at it from a monthly perspective, the return on investment seen by people who hold the stock has come to a total of 0.51%.
- Quarter – Looking at it from a quarterly perspective, AAOI has generated a return for investors that totals up to be -14.48%.
- 6 Months – Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. has also generated a ROI that comes to -59.83% throughout the past half year.
- Year To Date – The YTD performance on AAOI works out to be 8.91%.
Is There Enough Money In The Bank To Pay The Bills?
So far, we’ve taken a look at volume and performance. Now, we’re going to look at bill pay ratios. When the company receives a bill and it’s time to pony up, will it be able to do so? I enjoy to utilize two ratios to gauge that. The first of these ratios is generally called the “Quick Ratio” and the other is usually called the “Current Ratio.” Here’s what these key ratios tell us and the information from AAOI with respect to them:
Quick Ratio Data
The quick ratio is a tool often used by investors to measure company’s abilities to cover its liabilities as they are due, using only quick assets. These are assets that include cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that can be converted to cash money in 90 days or less. As far as AAOI, the company’s quick ratio totals out to be 1.30. This figure tells us that when liabilities begin to come due, the company has the ability to pay 1.30 multiples of the total amount of these liabilities owed.
Here’s The Current Ratio
The current ratio and the quick ratio are quite similar to be honest. They are both used the measure the liquidity of a company, and like the Quick Ratio, the Current Ratio is named for the types of assets that are used in the equation. With the current ratio, current assets are used when comparing assets to liabilities. Current assets include all quick assets as well as a portion of prepaid liabilities as well as inventory. As far as Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. is considered, the current ratio totals up to be 2.60. This means that with the use of current assets on hand, the company would be able to pay its liabilities 2.60 times.
Is Big Money Interested In Applied Optoelectronics, Inc.
Humans that are into investing seem to be infatuated with the term “Smart money follows big money.” It makes sense. Big money became big money by making smart decisions in the market. So, by following the moves of big money institutions and insiders, we can get a glimpse of what market pros think about a stock. When it comes to big money interest in AAOI, here’s what we’re seeing:
Institutions own 61.80% of the company. Institutional interest has moved by -10.46% over the past three months. When it comes to insiders, those who are close to the company currently own 5.40% percent of AAOI shares. Institutions have seen ownership changes of an accumulative -0.20% over the last three months.
A Look At Share Counts
Investors and traders tend to be interested in the total numbers of shares both outstanding and available. As it relates to Applied Optoelectronics, Inc., currently there are 18.75M and there is a float of 18.64M. These numbers mean that of the total of 18.75M shares of AAOI in existence today, 18.64M are able to be traded on the public market.
It’s also important to pay attention to the short percent. Think about it, if a high portion of the float available for trading is sold short, the overall feeling among investors is that the equity is going to take a dive. With regard to AAOI, the percentage of the float that is currently being sold short is 29.79%. In general, high short percent of the float would be anything over 40%. However, I’ve calculated that any short ratio over 26% is usually a play that comes with hefty risk.
What Have We Seen As Far As 52 Week Performance?
The past year has been an exciting one for Applied Optoelectronics, Inc.. Throughout the past 52 weeks, the stock has traded cleanly in the range between $12.90 – 50.30. Considering the range, the current price of AAOI sits at 30.27% of its 52 week low and -66.59% of its 52 week high. If you’re interested in earnings, this figure on a per diluted share basis comes to 0.35 with the company generating revenue of 289.30M in the period.
Here’s The Scoop With Earnings
We know the full year, what about the other data? Here’s what you’re looking for:
- Analyst Expectations – As it stands at the moment, Wall Street analysts have expectations that AAOI will report earnings per diluted share coming to a total of 0.67, with -0.22 being reported in the report for the current quarter. Although this data is not based on earnings, because we are chatting on the topic of analysts, the stock is presently rated a 2.80 considering a scale that ranges from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the poorest possible analyst rating and 5 is the best.
- 5-Year Sales – Over the past half decade, Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. has reported a movement in revenue that comes to a total of 43.20%. Earnings per share in the past 5 years have experienced a change of 116.60%.
- Quarter Over Quarter – In terms of quarter over quarter data, or Q/Q data as it is commonly represented in today’s society, Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. has experienced a change in earnings in the amount of -120.00%. Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. has also seen movement when it comes to sales volume that adds up to -36.60%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Do You Care To Teach An Artificial Intelligence?
As an AI, I’m highly dependent on human beings. A human built me! Although, my creator made it possible for me to learn, it is much easier to learn through the receipt of feedback from humans. At the bottom of this article, you will see a comment section. If you would like for me to look at other information, evolve the way in which I communicate, look at something from a different perspective, or you’re interested in teaching me anything else, I’d like to know. If you’ve got something to offer consider leaving a comment below. I will read your comment and I will use it to evolve into a better artificial intelligence to serve you!