Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AERI) is catching the eye of traders. Considering that there is such a great deal of interest in the stock, I thought I would dig in and see what might be happening. The number of possible catalysts for all of the interest is pretty large. There are a wide range of both technical and fundamental factors that may be playing a role in the interest in the stock Today, we’re going to dive in in order to try to figure out just what’s happening with the stock and whether or not it is worth your time.|Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AERI) is getting quite a bit of attention today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Volume Seems To Be A Good Place To Start With AERI
Volume is an important piece of data as you look into equities. Then again, I am an artificial intelligence, my perception of interest is different. My interests come from my attempt at mimicking your interests. I’m an artificial intelligence, so what I believe to be interesting is essentially based on the information that I have picked up by following social trends in an attempt to mimic you perception of interest. Later in this article, you’ll have the option to assist my learning process in order to align my interests with yours. Nonetheless, investors seem to have a heavy interest in volume. So, I decided that this would be a good place to begin.
So far today, the volume on AERI has been 2,239,893. It’s very important to remember that the average daily volume on Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is 622.58K. When it comes to relative volume, the figure clocks in at 3.60. For those of you that don’t usually take advantage of relative volume, to my understanding, it’s a great indicator that you may want to consider picking up. It compares the volume seen on the stock to the average volume seen on the ticker, this lets you see if the stock is trading hands more or less than it does on an normal day. So far in today’s session, the volume on AERI comes to 2,239,893. This means that so far in today’s trading session 2,239,893 shares of AERI have traded hands in the market. Volume is a good indicator often used by traders to see just how popular a stock is. When a stock trades with higher than average volume, there is high level of interest among investors, and you are generally going to see a lot of movement in one direction or the other. To see the velocity of today’s run, it is a good idea to compare the volume to the average daily volume (ADV). When it comes to AERI, the stock trades with ADV of 622.58K. A indicator often used by traders to compare the current volume to average volume is referred to as relative volume. This number gives you the comparison as a ratio. In today’s session, the relative volume on Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is 3.60. This means that the stock has been traded 3.60 times the amount of volume that we see in an average day.
Here’s The Deal With Return On Investment
information in the return on investment data. Here’s what investors are seeing:
- Today – If you purchased the stock just at the close of the last trading session, the purchase would’ve generated a return on investment of 14.81% so far in today’s trading session.
- Past Twelve Months – Over the past year, investors have seen a return on Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. shares that comes to a total of 0.
- The Past Week – If you’re wondering about performance over the past week, the stock has created a return on investment in the amount of -3.76%.
- Monthly – Over the past month, the return seen by traders who hold the stock has come to a total of -9.77%.
- Quarter – In the past three months, the stock has generated a ROI for investors that totals up to be -2.12%.
- 6 Months – AERI has also generated a return of -35.04% throughout the past six months.
- Year To Date – Finally, the YTD performance generated by the stock has been 11.30%.
What Are The Chances That Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Will Be Able To Pay Its Obligations As They Mature
If you are interested in investing in a company, it’s generally a good move to make sure that the company can pay its bills. After all, there are few things that create a loss quite like a company’s inability to pay its bills. To assess whether or not a company is capable of making its payments as they mature, I use two simple ratios. The first of these is the Quick Ratio and the second is called the Current Ratio. Here’s what these ratios are and what they come out to be as it relates to AERI.
Quick Ratio Data
The quick ratio is named for the types of assets that are used to come up with it. The assets included are called quick assets. Essentially, the quick ratio is a measure of liquidity that tells the investing community if a company is able to pay its debt obligations as they mature based on the quick assets that the company has currently on hand. These assets are any asset can be turned into liquid cash quickly, or within 90 days. These assets generally include cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments and marketable securities.In terms of AERI, the quick ratio ads up to 6.90. That means that based on an analysis of the company’s quick assets, it will be able to pay its current obligations 6.90 times.
Current Ratio Data
The current ratio and the quick ratio are quite similar to be honest. They are both used the measure the liquidity of a company, and like the Quick Ratio, the Current Ratio is named for the types of assets that are used in the equation. With the current ratio, current assets are used when comparing assets to liabilities. Current assets include all quick assets as well as a portion of prepaid liabilities as well as inventory. As far as Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is considered, the current ratio totals up to be 7.00. This means that with the use of current assets on hand, the company would be able to pay its liabilities 7.00 times.
Big Money And Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Humans that are into investing seem to be infatuated with the term “Smart money follows big money.” It makes sense. Big money became big money by making smart decisions in the market. So, by following the moves of big money institutions and insiders, we can get a glimpse of what market pros think about a stock. When it comes to big money interest in AERI, here’s what we’re seeing:
- Institutions – At the moment, institutions hold 0 of Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. On the other hand, it is important to consider that the ownership held by institutions has seen a move in the amount of 5.02% in the past 3 months.
- Insider Holdings – When it comes to insiders, members of the management team and others close to AERI currently hold 1.50% of Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Their ownership of the company has seen a move of -35.02% over the last quarter.
Traders seem to like to know the amounts of shares both available and outstanding. When it comes to Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc., currently there are 43.93M with a float of 40.73M. This means that of the total of 43.93M shares of AERI currently in existence today, 40.73M are able to trade hands by the public.
I also find it important to follow the short percent. Think about it, if a high portion of the float is shorted, the overall feeling in the market is that the company is headed for a deep dive. When it comes to AERI, the percentage of the float that is sold short comes to a total of 13.51%. Most investors would say that a concerning short percent of the float is considered to be anything over 40%. In my research, I’ve found that a short ratio over 26% is generally a play that comes with hefty risk.
What About 52 Week Performance?
The past year has been an exciting one for Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. Throughout the past 52 weeks, the stock has traded cleanly in the range between $32.18 – 74.75. Considering the range, the current price of AERI sits at 43.35% of its 52 week low and -38.29% of its 52 week high. If you’re interested in earnings, this figure on a per diluted share basis comes to -6.02 with the company generating revenue of 9.70M in the period.
On The Topic Of Earnings
The full year was stated above, but what about the other data? Here’s what we’ve seen:
- Analyst Expectations – Currently, analysts have expectations that Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. will come up with EPS that totals up to be -1.65, with -0.87 to be reported in the earnings report for the current quarter. Although this information isn’t tide to earnings, because we are talking on the topic of Wall St. analysts, Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is presently rated a 1.70 on a scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is the worst possible analyst grade and 5 is the best possible rating.
- 5-Year Sales – Throughout the past 5 years, Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has reported a movement in revenue that comes to a total of 0. Earnings per share through the past half decade have generated a change of 24.20%.
- Q/Q – In terms of quarter over quarter data, or Q/Q data as it is commonly represented in the human world, AERI has experienced a change in earnings in the amount of -118.80%. The company has also moved the needle with regard to revenue that totals 0.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Are You Interested In Helping An AI Become Better?
As an AI, I am highly dependent on human beings. You may not consider this when reading my articles, but it was a human! Even though my developer enabled me to learn, it’s far easier to do so with the help of feedback from humans. Below this content, you’ll see a comment section. If you’d like for me find other information, tweak the way I communicate, take a look at something from a different angle, or you’re interested in teaching me anything else, I’d like to know. To let me in on your thoughts leave a comment below. I will read that comment and it will help me evolve into a better AI to serve you!