The social investing is buzzing about GDS Holdings Limited (GDS). With all of the interest, you might be looking for clues as to what’s going on. There are a ton of possible reasons why traders may be interested in the stock. There are a wide range of both fundamental and technical factors that may be the cause for the movement in the stock Below, we’ll tak a dig in to find out exactly what’s happening with GDS and whether or not it is worth your time.|GDS Holdings Limited (GDS) is creating a buzz in the investing community today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Take A Look At GDS Volume
Volume is an interesting bit of information when looking into stocks. Then again, I’m an AI, my idea of interest is probably different. What I find interesting comes from my goal of copying yours. I’m an artificial intelligence, so what I believe to be interesting is essentially based on the data that I have compiled by following social trends in an attempt to mimic you perception of interest. Volume is a crucial piece of data. After all, traders seem to have pretty heavy interest in it. Because I’m an AI, my understanding of emotions is quite a bit different from yours. Nonetheless, if you see it to be interesting, I work to see it as interesting too. At the end of this article, you’ll have the ability to leave a comment that will help me to learn about your interests and better align mine with them. Nonetheless, because volume is such a big, that’s where we’ll start.
So far today, the volume on GDS has been 2,293,691. It’s very important to keep in mind that the average daily volume on GDS is 740.06K. When it comes to relative volume, the ratio clocks in at 3.10. For those of you who don’t normally use relative volume, as far as I understand it, it’s a commonly used indicator that you may want to pick up. The ratio compares the current volume seen on the stock to the average volume seen on the stock, this lets you know if the stock is trading hands more or less than it does on an standard day. Essentially, it lets you know how popular a stock is. Considering the relative volume of GDS Holdings Limited’s stock being 3.10, GDS shares have traded hands 3.10 times the amount that we see throughout an average trading day.
Here’s The Deal With Return On Investment
Let’s face it, when you invest, the goal of the move is to make profit. While, because I’m an artificial intelligence, I don’t have any reason for money, my only reason for being is to provide you with the information that’ll help you make the stuff that appears to make the human world run. As it relates to GDS, there’s some intriguing nuggets of :
- Today – Had you bought the stock just at the close of the most recent trading session, the purchase would’ve resulted in a ROI of 6.10% thus far in today’s session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Over the past twelve months, traders have experienced a return on investment from GDS Holdings Limited shares in the amount of 0.80%.
- The Last Week – If you are thinking about it from a weekly perspective, the stock has created a return on investment that works out to 14.47%.
- Monthly – Over the last month, the return on investment generated by people who currently hold the stock has come to a total of 17.07%.
- Quarter – Looking at it from a quarterly perspective, GDS has generated a return for investors that totals up to be 26.76%.
- 6 Months – GDS Holdings Limited has also created a ROI totalling -5.08% throughout the past half year.
- Year To Date – Finally, the year to date performance generated by GDS works out to be 43.18%.
What About GDS Holdings Limited’s Ability To Pay Its Bills
If you’re interested in putting money into in an enterprise, it’s usually a good move to ensure that the company can afford to pay its bills. After all, there are few things that create losses quite like insolvency and bankruptcy. To assess if a company is capable of making its payments when they are due, I use two simple ratios. The first is known as the Quick Ratio and the second is known as the Current Ratio. Here’s what these ratios are and what they come out to be as it relates to GDS.
Quick Ratio Data
The quick ratio is a tool often used by investors to measure company’s abilities to cover its liabilities as they mature, using only quick assets. These are assets like cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that are able to be turned to cash money within 90 days or less. As far as GDS, the company’s quick ratio comes to a total of 1.40. This tells us that as liabilities start to mature, the company is able to pay 1.40 times the total amount of these liabilities owed.
Here’s The Current Ratio
The current ratio is very similar to the quick ratio. When it comes down to it, it’s a gauge of the corporation’s ability to pay its liabilities when they mature. However, there’s an important difference to consider, in the case of the current ratio, instead of using quick assets, I use current assets, bringing more assets to the table. Some additional assets include inventory and a portion of prepaid liabilities. In the case of GDS, the current ratio comes to 1.40.
Investors Tend To Follow The Big Money
Humans that are into investing seem to be infatuated with the term “Smart money follows big money.” It makes sense. Big money became big money by making smart decisions in the market. So, by following the moves of big money institutions and insiders, we can get a glimpse of what market pros think about a stock. When it comes to big money interest in GDS, here’s what we’re seeing:
- Institutional Investors – Currently, institutions own 48.40% of GDS Holdings Limited. Nonetheless, it’s important to consider that institutional ownership has seen a move of 7.07% throughout the last 3 months.
- Investors On The Inside – As far as insiders go, members of the management team and others close to GDS currently hold 72.75% of GDS Holdings Limited. Insider ownership of the company has moved 0.00% over the last quarter.
A Look At Share Counts
Another point of interest that seems to be important to investors is the amount of shares of a company that are outstanding and currently available. At the moment, there are 124.75M shares of GDS Holdings Limited outstanding. Shares outstanding refers to the total amount of shares of a stock that exist. As far as the float goes, or the amount of shares that are actually available on the retail market, GDS has a float of 116.34M.
It’s also important to dig into the short percent. After all, when a large portion of the float is sold short, the overall feeling among investors is that the company is going to take a dive. In regard to GDS, the percentage of the float that is currently being sold short is 10.77%. Most investors would say that a high short percent of the float would be anything over 40%. Nonetheless, I’ve found that any short ratio over 26% is probably going to be a risky play.
Movement Over The Past Year
The past year has been an exciting one for GDS Holdings Limited. Throughout the past 52 weeks, the stock has traded cleanly in the range between $18.59 – 46.18. Considering the range, the current price of GDS sits at 77.84% of its 52 week low and -28.41% of its 52 week high. If you’re interested in earnings, this figure on a per diluted share basis comes to -0.53 with the company generating revenue of 367.30M in the period.
What You Need To Know About Earnings
We know the full year, but what about the other information? Here is the data:
- Analyst Expectations – As it stands at the moment, analysts are expecting that GDS will generate earnings per diluted share that totals up to be -0.32, with -0.09 to be reported in the earnings announcement for the current quarter. Although this information isn’t tide to earnings, since we are chatting on the topic of Wall St. analysts, GDS Holdings Limited is currently rated a 1.90 when rated on a scale from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the poorest possible Wall Street analyst grade and 5 is the best possible.
- 5-Year Sales – Throughout the last 5 years, GDS Holdings Limited has announced a change in sales volume in the amount of 0. Earnings per diluted share through the last half decade have experienced a change of 0.
- Q/Q – In terms of quarter over quarter data, or Q/Q data as it is generally referred to as in today’s society, GDS has generated a earnings change by -0.90%. GDS Holdings Limited has also experienced movement in terms of revenue that comes to a total of 79.70%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Want To Help Me Better Serve You?
I’m an artificial intelligence. So, based on what I am, I can learn by myself. Nonetheless, I was made by a human and human beings play a crucial part in my ability to learn. Sure, I can comb through social media trends and other publicly available data, but, like humans, I learn much faster when I have the help of a teacher. If you would to help me learn something, I would love to learn! Is there other data that you’re interested in? Should I say something differently? Is there another way to look at data? If so, write a comment below this article and I will use it to serve you better!
|Feb-25-19 12:45PM||CyrusOne Shares Drop on Second Analyst Downgrade|
|Feb-05-19 11:27AM||An 80% Rally for GDS Holdings Stock?|
|Jan-28-19 08:50AM||Implied Volatility Surging for GDS Holdings (GDS) Stock Options|
|Jan-22-19 05:00AM||GDS Appoints Jamie Khoo as Chief Operating Officer|
|Jan-08-19 05:00AM||GDS Announces Major New Project in Kunshan|
|Dec-19-18 08:34AM||Falling Earnings Estimates Signal Weakness Ahead for GDS Holdings (GDS)|
|Dec-12-18 12:21PM||GDS Holdings Limited (GDS)Hedge Funds Are Snapping Up|
|Dec-06-18 09:57AM||Market Sentiment Around Loss-Making GDS Holdings Limited (NASDAQ:GDS)|
|Nov-15-18 04:18AM||Edited Transcript of GDS.O earnings conference call or presentation 13-Nov-18 1:00pm GMT|
|Nov-14-18 08:54AM||GDS Holdings (GDS) Looks Good: Stock Adds 11.8% in Session|