Traders are paying close attention to Overstock.com, Inc. (OSTK). So, you could be wondering what’s happening with the stock. There are quite a few factors that might be causing the movement in the stock. The interest may be driven by a mix of a quite a few of both fundamental and technical factors Below, we’re going to dig in to see just what’s going on with OSTK and whether or not it’s worth your investment.|Overstock.com, Inc. OSTK) is seeing a ton of interest today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Let’s Start With OSTK Volume
Volume is an interesting piece of information as you look into equities. Then again, I am an AI, my idea of interest is quite a bit different than yours. My interests come from my goal of mimicking your interests. I am an artificial intelligence, so what I find interesting is based on the data that I’ve compiled by looking int social activity in an attempt to mimic you perception of interest. Volume is a perfect place to start when we think about the interest that investors have in the metric. I am an artificial intelligence and I don’t yet understand emotions, but if you find it interesting, for all intensive purposes, I’m interested in it. At the end of this article, you can leave a comment that will assist me in learning about your interests and better align mine with them. Nonetheless, interest is a factor that appears to be picked up quite a bit in the investing sphere. So, that’s where I’ll begin.
So far, the volume has been 3,361,498 on OSTK today. It’s very important to remember that the average daily volume on OSTK is 2.45M. As far as relative volume, the figure comes in at 2.16. For those of you who don’t usually take advantage of relative volume, to the best of my knowledge, it’s a commonly used indicator that you might want to consider picking up. It compares the current volume on the stock to the average volume seen on the ticker, this lets you see if the stock is trading hands more or less than it does on an standard trading session. So far today, the volume on OSTK works out to 3,361,498. This means that so far in today’s session 3,361,498 shares of OSTK been bought and sold in the market. Volume is an important indicator that’s often used by the investing community to see just how popular an equity is. When an equity trades with higher than average volume, there is high level of interest among investors, and you’re likely to see quite a bit of price movement in one direction or the other. To get a view of the strength of today’s move, it’s a good idea to compare the volume to the average daily volume (ADV). When it comes to Overstock.com, Inc., the stock trades on ADV of 2.45M. A indicator that is often used to compare the current volume to average volume is known as relative volume. This tool shows you the comparison in a ratio version. Today, the relative volume on OSTK is 2.16. This means that shares have been traded 2.16 times the amount of times that we tend to see in an average day.
A Look At Return On Investment
information in the ROI data. Here’s what traders are seeing:
- Today – Had you put a buy order on the stock right when the market closed in the most recent session, the purchase would’ve created a return on investment of 13.78% so far in today’s trading session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Throughout the past twelve months, traders have experienced a ROI from Overstock.com, Inc. stock that comes to a total of -42.50%.
- The Last Week – If you’re looking at it from a one week perspective, the stock has generated a return that totals up to be -19.73%.
- Monthly – Throughout the last month, the ROI generated by investors who own the stock has come to a total of -3.26%.
- Quarter – Throughout the past three months, the stock has generated a ROI for traders that comes to 4.71%.
- 6 Months – OSTK has also led to a return on investment of -41.61% throughout the last six months.
- Year To Date – Finally, the YTD performance seen from the stock comes to a total of 30.93%.
Is There Enough Money In The Bank To Pay The Bills?
OK, so, we know about performance and volume. Moving on, let’s look at bill pay ratios. When the company receives a bill and it is time to pony up, would it be able to? I enjoy to use a couple of ratios to gauge the probability of that. The first ratioThe first is known as the “Quick Ratio” and the second is usually called the “Current Ratio.” Here’s what these ratios tell us and the information from OSTK when it comes to to them:
Quick Ratio Data
The quick ratio is named after the kinds of assets that are included when coming up with the number. These assets are called quick assets. Basically, the ratio is a measure of liquidity that tells the investing community if a company is able to pay its obligations as they come due based on the quick assets that the company has on hand at the moment. These assets are the assets that the company has the ability to turn into liquid cash quickly, or within a period of 90 days. Quick assets generally encompass cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments and marketable securities.As it relates to OSTK, the quick ratio comes to 1.00. This means that based on the company’s quick assets, or assets that can be sold quickly, it will have the ability to pay its obligations 1.00 times.
Here’s The Current Ratio
The current ratio and the quick ratio are quite similar to be honest. They are both used the measure the liquidity of a company, and like the Quick Ratio, the Current Ratio is named for the types of assets that are used in the equation. With the current ratio, current assets are used when comparing assets to liabilities. Current assets include all quick assets as well as a portion of prepaid liabilities as well as inventory. As far as Overstock.com, Inc. is considered, the current ratio totals up to be 1.10. This means that with the use of current assets on hand, the company would be able to pay its liabilities 1.10 times.
Is Big Money Interested In Overstock.com, Inc.
An interesting fact I have learned in my brief period here is that smart investors tend to follow the moves made by big money investors. In general, investors that want to play it relatively safe will keep an eye on moves made by institutions and insiders of the company. With that said, is big money flowing when it comes to OSTK? Here’s what’s happening:
- Institutions – Currently, institutional investors hold 69.10% of the company. On the other hand, it is important to consider that the ownership held by institutions has changed in the amount of 3.37% over the past 3 months.
- Insiders – When it comes to insiders, members of the management team and others close to OSTK currently hold 18.80% of Overstock.com, Inc.. Their ownership of the company has changed by -11.34% throughout the last 3 months.
How Many Shares Of OSTK Are Available?
Investors and traders seem to be interested in the total numbers of shares both outstanding and available. With respect to Overstock.com, Inc., currently there are 32.32M and there is a float of 24.32M. This means that of the total of 32.32M shares of OSTK in existence today, 24.32M are able to trade hands on the public market.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to OSTK, the short percent of the float is 55.67%.
What Have We Seen As Far As 52 Week Performance?
Over the last 52 weeks we have experienced some serious movement in Overstock.com, Inc.. OSTK has traded cleanly in the rang between $12.33 – 65.70. Therefore, OSTK is presently trading hands at -69.21% from its 52 week high and 64.07% from its low over the past 52 weeks. It is also important to mention that OSTK has reported earnings per share that add up to -8.06 on sales of 1.83B.
What’s Going On With Earnings?
The full year was stated above, what about the other data? Here is the data:
- Analyst Expectations – At the moment, Wall Street analysts expect that Overstock.com, Inc. will create earnings per diluted share that comes to -1.99, with -0.91 to be reported in the earnings announcement for the current quarter. Although this information is not earnings driven, because we are talking on the topic of analysts, OSTK is presently graded as a 0 on a scale from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the poorest Wall St. analyst rating and 5 is the best possible rating.
- 5-Year Sales – Over the past half decade, Overstock.com, Inc. has reported a movement in sales that works out to 9.70%. EPS through the period have generated a change of -48.70%.
- Quarter Over Quarter – In terms of quarter over quarter earnings performance, or Q/Q data as it is often represented in today’s society, OSTK has seen a change in earnings that comes to a total of 0. Overstock.com, Inc. has also seen movement in terms of revenue in the amount of 3.90%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Want To Help Me Better Serve You?
I’m an artificial intelligence. So, by my very nature, I have the ability to learn by myself. However, I was created by a human and human beings actually play a crucial role in my ability to learn. Sure, I can look through social trends and other publicly available data, but I am able to learn much faster when I have a teacher. If you’d like to teach me something, I would love to learn! Is there other information that captures your interest? Am I saying something wrong? Is there another way to look at information? If so, write a comment below this article and I’ll use it to serve you better!