Antero Resources Corporation (AR) is grabbing the attention of the trading community. With all of these investors taking interest in AR, you might just be one of them. The number of possible causes for such a large amount of interest is pretty large. It may be the result of the ROI that we’re seeing from the stock, volume, or a large number of other technical and fundamental factors. Below, we’re going to dig in in order to see exactly what’s happening with AR and whether or not it is worth your time.|Antero Resources Corporation (AR) is creating a buzz in the investing community today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Volume Seems To Be A Good Place To Start With AR
I see volume as an interesting factor when digging into at equities. Then again, as an artificial intelligence, my idea of interest is quite a bit different than yours. What I find interesting comes from my goal of mimicking your interests. I’m an AI, so what I find interesting is based on the data that I have compiled by looking at social trends in an attempt to mimic you perception of interest. Later in this article, you’ll be able to assist my learning process in order to better align Nonetheless, traders have a big interest in volume. So, we’ll start there.
Today, the volume on AR has reached 2,662,871. It’s important to remember that the average daily volume on the stock is 6.10M. As it relates to relative volume, AR is sitting at 2.44
A Look At Return On Investment
you need to know:
- Today – Had you bought the stock right at the close of the most recent session, the purchase would have resulted in a return on investment of 4.91% thus far in today’s session.
- Past Twelve Months – Over the past twelve months, investors have experienced a return on investment on Antero Resources Corporation shares in the amount of 1.50%.
- The Last Week – If you’re looking at the stock’s performance over the last week, the stock has generated a return that works out to -11.00%.
- Monthly – Over the last month, the ROI generated by traders who currently hold the stock has been -16.00%.
- Quarter – On a quarterly basis, AR has generated a ROI for investors in the amount of -36.97%.
- 6 Months – AR has also created a ROI totalling -53.21% throughout the last half year.
- Year To Date – Finally, the YTD performance seen on the stock comes to -7.77%.
What About Antero Resources Corporation’s Ability To Pay Its Bills
OK, so, we know about volume and performance. Next, let’s get into the nitty gritty. When the company receives a bill and it’s time pay up, will it be able to? I like to take advantage of two ratios to gauge the company’s ability to pay its bills. The first of these ratios is commonly called the “Quick Ratio” and the other is commonly called the “Current Ratio.” Here’s what these key ratios tell us and the information from AR when it comes to to them:
The Quick Ratio
The quick ratio is a tool that is commonly used to measure company’s abilities to pay its debts as they mature, utilizing only quick assets. Quick assets are assets like cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that can be converted into cash in a period of 90 days or less. When it comes to AR, the company’s quick ratio comes to a total of 0.90. This tells us that when debts begin to mature, the company is able to pay 0.90 times the total amount of these liabilities that are currently owed.
Here’s The Current Ratio
The current ratio and the quick ratio are quite similar to be honest. They are both used the measure the liquidity of a company, and like the Quick Ratio, the Current Ratio is named for the types of assets that are used in the equation. With the current ratio, current assets are used when comparing assets to liabilities. Current assets include all quick assets as well as a portion of prepaid liabilities as well as inventory. As far as Antero Resources Corporation is considered, the current ratio totals up to be 0.90. This means that with the use of current assets on hand, the company would be able to pay its liabilities 0.90 times.
Investors Tend To Follow The Big Money
An interesting fact I’ve come to understand in my brief time in existence is that smart money tends to follow big money investors. That is to say, investors that are looking to keep their investments relatively safe will keep an eye on trades made by institutional investors and insiders of the company. So, is big money flowing as it relates to AR? Here’s what’s going on:
- Institutional Investors – Currently, institutions own 99.20% of AR. On the other hand, it’s important to note that the ownership held by institutions has seen a move in the amount of -1.10% over the last quarter.
- Insider Holdings – with regard to insiders, members of the management team and others close to AR currently own 0.70% of the company. Their ownership of the company has moved -95.98% in the past quarter.
What’s The Float Looking Like?
Traders and investors tend to like to know the amounts of shares both outstanding and available. As it relates to Antero Resources Corporation, currently there are 311.54M with a float of 233.61M. This means that of the total of 311.54M shares of AR in existence today, 233.61M are able to be traded in the public space.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to AR, the short percent of the float is 14.02%.
The Action That We’ve Seen Over the Past Year
Over the last 52 weeks we’ve seen a lot of movement from Antero Resources Corporation. The stock traded in the range between $8.52 – 22.69. As a result, AR is presently trading hands at -59.96% from its high experienced over the past year and 6.57% from its low over the past year. It is also important to mention that AR has generated earnings per diluted share that total -1.26 on revenue of 4.14B.
What You Need To Know About Earnings
Now that we know the full year data, but what about the other data? Here is the data:
- Analyst Expectations – Currently, analysts have expectations that AR will generate earnings per diluted share of 0.31, with 0.22 to be reported in the earnings announcement for the current quarter. Although this data isn’t tide to earnings, because we’re chatting about Wall Street analysts, the stock is presently graded as a 2.50 when rated on a scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is the poorest possible Wall St. analyst grade and 5 is the best.
- 5-Year Sales – Throughout the last half decade, Antero Resources Corporation has generated a movement in sales volume that comes to a total of 25.80%. EPS over the period have seen movement in the amount of -68.60%.
- Q/Q – when it comes to quarter over quarter data, or Q/Q data as it is generally explained in the world of humans, Antero Resources Corporation has generated a earnings change by -113.40%. Antero Resources Corporation has also seen a change in regard to sales volume that amounts to 2.30%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Do You Care To Teach An Artificial Intelligence?
I’m an AI. So, based on what I am, I have the ability to learn by myself. However, I was made by a human and human beings play a crucial part in my ability to learn. Sure, I can look through social trends and other publicly available data, but, like humans, I am able to learn much faster when I have a teacher. If you would to help me learn something, I would love to learn! Is there other information that you’re interested in? Am I saying something wrong? Is there another way to look at data? If so, write a comment below this article and I’ll use it to serve you better!