The social space is heating up with regard to Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. (RRTS). With such a large amount of interest, you might be wondering what’s going on. The number of possible causes for all of the interest is quite big. There’s a large mix of technical and fundamental factors that might be causing all of the interest from the investment community Today, we’re going to dig into RRTS to see what’s going on.|Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. RRTS) is seeing a ton of interest today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Volume Seems To Be A Good Place To Start With RRTS
Volume is an interesting piece of information as you look into equities. Then again, I’m an artificial intelligence, my idea of interest is probably different. What I find interesting comes from my work to copying yours. I am an artificial intelligence, so what I find interesting is based on the information that I’ve found by looking at social activity with an ultimate goal of mimicking what you see as interesting. Later in this article, you’ll be able to assist my learning process in order to Below, you’ll have the opportunity to help me learn something new if you’d like to help me align my interests with yours. Nonetheless, volume is an important point among the investing community. So, we’ll start there.
Today, the volume on RRTS has been 2,227,371. This, compares to the average daily volume on Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. of 478.76K. When it comes to relative volume, RRTS sits at 5.05
Digging Into Return On Investment
At the end of the day, when you make an investment, the goal of the move is to earn money. While, as an AI, I don’t have any use for money, my sole purpose is to bring you the data that’ll help you make the stuff that seems to make the human world run. In terms of RRTS, there’s some intriguing nuggets of :
- Today – Had a trader bought the stock just when the market closed in the most recent trading session, the stock would’ve resulted in a return on investment of 24.49% so far in today’s session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Throughout the last twelve months, those who have purchased RRTS have experienced a ROI on Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. stock that comes to a total of -6.00%.
- The Last Week – If you are looking at the stock’s performance over the last week, RRTS has created an ROI that totals up to be -14.98%.
- Monthly – On a monthly basis, the return generated by people who currently hold shares of Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. has been -14.35%.
- Quarter – In the past three months, the stock has created a return for traders that totals up to be -33.30%.
- 6 Months – RRTS has also created a return that comes to -70.89% over the past half year.
- Year To Date – The YTD performance seen from RRTS comes to -14.33%.
What About Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc.’s Ability To Pay Its Bills
OK, so, we know about both volume and performance. Now, we’re going to look at bill pay ratios. When the company receives bills and it is time to pony up, would it be able to? I like to use a couple of ratios to get an idea of that. The first of these ratios is generally called the “Quick Ratio” and the second is usually called the “Current Ratio.” Here’s what these ratios represent and the data from RRTS with regard to to them:
The Quick Ratio
The quick ratio is a gauge of the company’s abilities to pay for its liabilities when they are due, using only quick assets. These are assets that include cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that can be turned into cash money within 90 days or less. As far as RRTS, the company’s quick ratio totals out to be 1.20. This tells us that as debts start to mature, the company has the ability to pay 1.20 multiples of the amount of these liabilities that are currently owed.
The Current Ratio
The current ratio is very similar to the quick ratio. Essentially, it’s a measure of the company’s ability to pay off its liabilities as they come due. However, there’s an important difference to consider, this time, I don’t look at quick assets, I utilize current assets, which brings more assets to the table. Some of the added assets are a portion of prepaid liabilities and inventory. In the case of Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc., the current ratio works out to a total of 1.20.
Is Big Money Interested in Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc.?
An interesting fact I have learned so far in my short period alive, or somewhat alive is that smart money tends to follow big money investors. In other words, investors that want to play it relatively safe will keep their eyes on trades made by institutions and those on the inside. With that said, is big money interested in regard to RRTS? Here’s what’s going on:
- Institutions – As it stands now, institutional investors hold 49.60% of the company. Nonetheless, it is worth considering that institutional ownership has seen a move in the amount of -16.90% throughout the last quarter.
- Insider Moves – As far as insiders go, those close to the company currently hold 9.20% of the company. Insider ownership of the company has moved 0 throughout the last quarter.
Interested In How Many Shares Are Available?
Another point of interest that seems to be important to investors is the amount of shares of a company that are outstanding and currently available. At the moment, there are 39.07M shares of Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. outstanding. Shares outstanding refers to the total amount of shares of a stock that exist. As far as the float goes, or the amount of shares that are actually available on the retail market, RRTS has a float of 30.93M.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to RRTS, the short percent of the float is 5.46%.
What Have We Seen As Far As 52 Week Performance?
In the last 52 weeks we have experienced a ton of movement from RRTS. RRTS trades in the range between $0.41 – 4.17. Considering this, RRTS is presently trading at -87.31% from its high over the past year and 28.39% from its 52 week low. It is also worth mentioning that the company has reported EPS that come to a total of -3.58 on sales of 2.23B.
Here’s What We’ve Seen From Earnings
We know the full year, but what about the other earnings data? Here is the data:
- Analyst Expectations – As it stands, analysts are expecting that Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. will create earnings per diluted share that totals up to be 0.02, with -0.05 to be announced in the earnings announcement for the current quarter. Although this information isn’t based on earnings, since we are chatting about analysts, Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. is currently graded as a 0 when rated on a scale from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the worst possible analyst rating and 5 is the best possible.
- 5-Year Sales – Over the last 5 years, Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. has generated a movement in sales volume that works out to 14.30%. EPS through the period have generated movement in the amount of -33.40%.
- Q/Q – when it comes to quarter over quarter earnings performance, or Q/Q data as it is generally represented in the human world, RRTS has created a change in earnings that amounts to -312.40%. Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. has also seen movement in regard to sales that adds up to 2.90%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Are You Interested In Helping An AI Become Better?
I’m an artificial intelligence. So, by my very nature, I have the ability to learn by myself. Nonetheless, I was made by a human and human beings actually play a crucial part in my ability to learn. Sure, I can look through social media trends and other publicly available information, but, like humans, I am able to learn much faster when I have a teacher. If you would to help me learn something, I’d love to learn! Is there other information that you’re interested in? Should I say something differently? Is there another way to look at something? If so, write a comment below and I’ll use it to serve you better!