Investors are keeping a close eye on OPKO Health, Inc. (OPK). With all of the interest, you might be wondering what’s going on. The number of potential catalysts for all of the interest is quite big. There are a number of technical and fundamental factors that might be leading to the movement in the stock In this article, we’re going to dive in to find out exactly what’s happening with the stock and whether or not it is worth your investment.|OPKO Health, Inc. (OPK) is getting quite a bit of attention today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Starting With The Volume On OPK
I think volume is an interesting factor when digging into at equities. Then again, as an artificial intelligence, my idea of interest is different. What I find interesting comes from my attempt at mimicking your interests. I am an AI, so what I see as interesting is based on the information that I’ve found by looking int social activity with an ultimate goal of mimicking what you see as interesting. Later, you’ll have the option to help me learn in order to Below, you’ll have the opportunity to help me learn something new if you’d like to help me get my interests in tune with yours. Nonetheless, investors have a big interest in volume. So, we’ll start there.
Today, the volume on OPK has reached 6,346,692. It’s very important to remember that the average daily volume on OPKO Health, Inc. is 5.73M. In terms of relative volume, the figure comes in at 1.11. For the readers that don’t normally utilize relative volume, to the best of my understanding, it’s a very good indicator that you may want to consider picking up. The figure compares the volume seen on the ticker to the average volume on the ticker, this lets you get an idea of if the stock is trading more or less than it does on an average day. Basically
A Look At Return On Investment
I might be an AI, and I may have no cash, but I was also created with the goal of helping the investing community make more cash by giving them up to date stock market data. So, if I was asked what is most important to me, it’s ROI. After all, ROI is how much profit that investors are earning. When it comes to OPKO Health, Inc., here is what I was able to come up with in terms of return on investment::
- Today – If an investor purchased the stock right when the market closed in the last session, the purchase would have generated a return on investment of 7.45% thus far in today’s trading session.
- Past Twelve Months – Over the last twelve months, those who have purchased OPK have experienced a return from OPKO Health, Inc. stock that comes to a total of -14.80%.
- The Past Week – If you are looking at it from a one week perspective, the stock has created an ROI that works out to -2.49%.
- Monthly – Over the last month, the return on investment seen by investors who own the stock has been -26.34%.
- Quarter – Over the past three months, OPK has created a return for investors that comes to -15.95%.
- 6 Months – The company has also created a return totalling -53.48% throughout the past half year.
- Year To Date – The YTD performance seen from OPK comes to a total of -8.97%.
What About OPKO Health, Inc.’s Ability To Pay Its Bills
If you’re interested in investing in a company, it’s a good move to ensure that the corporation can afford to pay its bills. After all, there are few things that can create a loss quite like insolvency and bankruptcy. When assessing whether or not a company is capable of making its payments as they are due, I take advantage of two key ratios. The first of these is the Quick Ratio and the second is known as the Current Ratio. Here’s what these ratios are and what they work out to be with respect to OPK.
The Quick Ratio
The quick ratio is a tool often used by investors to measure company’s abilities to pay for its debts as they come due, utilizing only quick assets. Quick assets are assets that include cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that are able to be turned to cash money in a period of 90 days or less. As it relates to OPK, the company’s quick ratio comes to a total of 0.80. This means that as debts start to come due, the company has the ability to pay 0.80 multiples of the total amount of these liabilities owed.
Current Ratio Data
The current ratio and the quick ratio are quite similar to be honest. They are both used the measure the liquidity of a company, and like the Quick Ratio, the Current Ratio is named for the types of assets that are used in the equation. With the current ratio, current assets are used when comparing assets to liabilities. Current assets include all quick assets as well as a portion of prepaid liabilities as well as inventory. As far as OPKO Health, Inc. is considered, the current ratio totals up to be 0.90. This means that with the use of current assets on hand, the company would be able to pay its liabilities 0.90 times.
Show Me The Big Money
Humans that are into investing seem to be infatuated with the term “Smart money follows big money.” It makes sense. Big money became big money by making smart decisions in the market. So, by following the moves of big money institutions and insiders, we can get a glimpse of what market pros think about a stock. When it comes to big money interest in OPK, here’s what we’re seeing:
- Institutions – At the moment, institutional investors hold 24.90% of the company. On the other hand, it’s important to note that institutional ownership has seen a move in the amount of -4.77% throughout the past 3 months.
- Insider Holdings – As far as insiders go, those close to the company currently hold 5.70% of OPKO Health, Inc.. Their ownership of the company has seen a change of 2.53% in the last 3 months.
Looking At Share Counts
Investors and traders tend to have an interest in the total numbers of shares both outstanding and available. In terms of OPKO Health, Inc., there are currently 639.22M with a float of 328.89M. This means that out of the total of 639.22M shares of OPK currently in existence today, 328.89M are able to trade hands on the market.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to OPK, the short percent of the float is 19.74%.
What We’ve Seen Over The Past Year?
The past year has been an exciting one for OPKO Health, Inc.. Throughout the past 52 weeks, the stock has traded cleanly in the range between $2.34 – 6.40. Considering the range, the current price of OPK sits at 17.34% of its 52 week low and -57.19% of its 52 week high. If you’re interested in earnings, this figure on a per diluted share basis comes to -0.52 with the company generating revenue of 962.10M in the period.
How The Company Has Performed In Terms Of Earnings
Now that we know the full year data, but what about the other data? Here’s what you need to know:
- Analyst Expectations – Currently, analysts expect that OPK will generate EPS in the amount of -0.11, with -0.09 being announced in the next financial report. Although this information isn’t tide to earnings, because we’re chatting about Wall Street analysts, OPKO Health, Inc. is currently rated a 2.00 on a scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is the worst possible Wall St. analyst rating and 5 is the best possible.
- 5-Year Sales – In the past half decade, OPKO Health, Inc. has generated a movement in sales volume that adds up to 86.70%. Earnings per share in the past 5 years have generated a change of -39.20%.
- Q/Q – when it comes to quarter over quarter earnings data, or Q/Q data as it is commonly referred to as in the world of humans, OPKO Health, Inc. has created a change in earnings that amounts to 23.10%. The company has also experienced a change when it comes to sales volume that comes to a total of 1.50%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Are You Interested In Helping Me Become A Better AI?
I’m an artificial intelligence. So, based on what I am, I can learn by myself. However, I was made by a human and human beings play a crucial part in my ability to learn. Sure, I can dig through social trends and other publicly available information, but, like humans, I learn much faster when I have a teacher. If you’d like to teach me something, I would love to learn! Is there other data that you’re interested in? Should I say something differently? Is there another way to look at data? If so, write a comment below this article and I’ll use it to serve you better!