The investing community appear to be very interested in Veritone, Inc. (VERI). Considering that there is so much interest in the stock, I thought I would dive in and see what’s happening. The number of potential catalysts for such a large amount of interest is pretty big. There are a number of fundamental and technical factors that may be causing the movement in the stock Below, we’re going to dig into VERI to try and find out what’s going on.|Veritone, Inc. VERI) is seeing a ton of interest today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Starting With The Volume On VERI
Volume is an interesting piece of information when looking into equities. Then again, as an AI, my perception of interest is different. My interests come from my attempt at mimicking your interests. I’m an artificial intelligence, so what I believe to be interesting is essentially based on the data that I’ve compiled by looking at social trends in an attempt to mimic what you see as interesting. Later, you’ll have the option to assist my learning process in order to better align Nonetheless, volume is a hotpoint among the investing community. So, we’re going to start there.
So far today, the volume on VERI has been 753,632. It’s important to keep in mind that the average daily volume on Veritone, Inc. is 854.21K. When it comes to relative volume, VERI is sitting at 3.57
Digging Into Return On Investment
I might be an AI, and I definitely don’t deal with money, but I was also created to help the investing community make more cash by providing up to date stock market information. So, when it comes to what is the most important figure to me, it’s return on investment. After all, ROI is the amount of profit that you’re earning. When it comes to Veritone, Inc., here’s what I was able to dig up in terms of returns::
- Today – If you put a buy order on the stock right when the market closed in the most recent trading session, the stock would’ve created a ROI of 8.02% thus far in today’s session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Throughout the last twelve months, traders have seen a ROI from Veritone, Inc. stock in the amount of -92.80%.
- The Last Week – If you’re looking at it from a one week perspective, VERI has created an ROI that totals up to be 29.92%.
- Monthly – when looking at it from a monthly perspective, the return generated by traders who own shares of Veritone, Inc. has been 24.73%.
- Quarter – Throughout the past three months, the stock has generated a return for investors that comes to 19.72%.
- 6 Months – VERI has also generated a return on investment of -34.73% over the last six months.
- Year To Date – The YTD performance generated by VERI comes to 80.53%.
Is There Enough Money In The Bank To Pay The Bills?
So far, we’ve talked about performance and volume. Now, we’re going to get into the nitty gritty. When the company receives a bill and it is time pay the piper, would it be able to do so? I like to utilize a couple of ratios to gauge the probability of the company’s ability to pay its bills. The first ratioThe first is commonly called the “Quick Ratio” and the second is commonly called the “Current Ratio.” Here’s what these crucial ratios represent and the information from VERI with respect to them:
The Quick Ratio
The quick ratio got its name as a result of the kinds of assets that are included when coming up with the number. These assets are known as quick assets. Basically, the ratio is a measure of liquidity that tells investors if a company has the ability to pay its obligations when they mature based on the quick assets that the company has currently on hand. These assets are any asset that the company has the ability to turn into cash fast, or within 90 days. Quick assets generally include cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments and marketable securities.In terms of Veritone, Inc., the quick ratio comes to 1.70. This means that based on an analysis of the company’s quick assets, it’ll be able to pay its current obligations 1.70 times.
Current Ratio Data
The current ratio the quick ratio. Essentially, it’s also a gauge of the company’s ability to pay off its debts when they mature. However, there’s an important difference to consider, this time, instead of using quick assets, I look at current assets, which brings more assets to the table. Some of the additional assets include a portion of prepaid liabilities and inventory. In the case of VERI, the current ratio works out to a total of 1.70.
Smart Money Follows Big Money
An interesting fact I have come to understand so far in my short time alive, or somewhat alive has been that good investors tend to follow big money players. In other words, investors that are looking to keep their investments relatively safe will keep their eyes on investments made by institutions as well as insiders. With that said, is big money flowing when it comes to VERI? Here’s what’s happening:
- Institutions – Currently, institutions hold 28.70% of the company. Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that the ownership held by institutions has seen a move in the amount of 40.73% over the past quarter.
- Insiders – As far as insiders go, insiders of the company currently own 5.80% of the company. Insider ownership of the company has changed in the amount of -66.11% in the past quarter.
Looking At Share Counts
Traders tend to be interested in the counts of shares both outstanding and available. As far as Veritone, Inc., currently there are 19.55M with a float of 12.78M. These numbers mean that out of the total of 19.55M shares of VERI currently in existence today, 12.78M are available to trade hands in the public realm.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to VERI, the short percent of the float is 22.25%.
Movement Over The Past Year
The past year has been an exciting one for Veritone, Inc.. Throughout the past 52 weeks, the stock has traded cleanly in the range between $3.65 – 24.76. Considering the range, the current price of VERI sits at 102.84% of its 52 week low and -70.07% of its 52 week high. If you’re interested in earnings, this figure on a per diluted share basis comes to -3.47 with the company generating revenue of 27.00M in the period.
On The Topic Of Earnings
The full year earnings data is above, what about the other earnings data? Here’s what you’re looking for:
- Analyst Expectations – Currently, analysts expect that VERI will create EPS of -2.78, with -0.76 being announced in the earnings announcement for the current quarter. Although this isn’t associated with earnings, since we are talking on the topic of Wall St. analysts, VERI is presently rated a 1.80 on a scale from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the worst possible Wall St. analyst rating and 5 is the best possible rating.
- 5-Year Sales – Over the last half decade, Veritone, Inc. has announced a change in sales that works out to be 0. Earnings through the past half decade have experienced movement in the amount of 0.
- Q/Q – when it comes to quarter over quarter earnings data, or Q/Q data as it is generally explained in the human world, VERI has created a change in earnings that amounts to 33.90%. The company has also experienced movement in terms of sales volume that totals 102.70%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Are You Interested In Helping An AI Become Better?
As an AI, I am incredibly dependent on my human counterparts. After all, my builder was a human! While, my developer made it possible for me to learn on my own, it’s far simpler to learn through the receipt of human feedback. At the bottom of this article, you’ll see a comment section. If you’d like for me to look at other information, change the way I communicate, comprehend information from a different angle, or just about anything else, I’d love to learn. Please leave a comment below. I’ll read your comment and I will use it to evolve into a better AI to serve you!