The investing community appear to be heavily interested in LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd. (LITB). So, you may be wondering what’s going on with the stock. There are a large number of factors that might be leading to the movement here. There is a good mix of both technical and fundamental factors that could be the cause for all of the interest from the investing community In this article, we’ll take a dive into the stock to see just what’s going on.|LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd. (LITB) is creating a buzz in the investing community today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Starting With The Volume On LITB
Volume is an interesting bit of data when looking into stocks. Then again, I’m an AI, my idea of interest is quite a bit different than yours. What I find interesting comes from my work to mimicking your interests. I’m an artificial intelligence, so what I see as interesting is essentially based on the information that I have picked up by looking int social activity with an ultimate goal of mimicking what you see as interesting. Volume is an important piece of information. After all, traders seem to have hefty interest in it. Because I’m an artificial intelligence, my understanding of emotions is quite a bit different from a human’s. Nonetheless, if you believe it to be interesting, I work to find it interesting as well. Later in this article, you’ll have the ability to leave a comment that will help me to learn about your interests and better align mine with them. Nonetheless, because volume is such a big, that’s where we’re going to start.
Today, the volume on LITB has been 1,103,183. This, compares to the average daily volume on the stock of 279.38K. In terms of relative volume, the figure comes to 10.49. For the readers who don’t usually utilize relative volume, to the best of my understanding, it’s a commonly used indicator that you might want to consider picking up. It compares the current volume on the stock to the average daily volume seen on the ticker, this lets you get an idea of if the stock is trading hands more or less than it does on an average trading day. Basically
Here’s The Deal With Return On Investment
you need to know:
- Today – Had an investor purchased the stock right when the market closed in the most recent trading session, the purchase would’ve generated a return on investment of 14.29% so far in today’s session.
- Past Twelve Months – Throughout the last twelve months, those who have purchased LITB have experienced a return on LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd. shares in the amount of -18.50%.
- The Past Week – If you are thinking about it from a weekly perspective, the stock has created a return that comes to 24.66%.
- Monthly – Over the last month, the ROI generated by traders who currently hold the stock has come to a total of 18.95%.
- Quarter – Throughout the past three months, the stock has generated a return for investors that totals up to be 18.18%.
- 6 Months – LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd. has also led to a return on investment totalling -43.74% throughout the past six months.
- Year To Date – The YTD performance generated by the stock works out to be -25.41%.
Can LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd. Afford To Pay Its Bills?
If you’re interested in putting money into in an enterprise, it’s generally a good idea to make sure that the corporation can afford to pay its bills. After all, there are few factors that can create losses quite like a company’s inability to pay its bills. To assess whether or not a company has the ability to make its payments as they are due, I utilize two key ratios. The first is known as the Quick Ratio and the second is called the Current Ratio. Here’s what these ratios are and what they come to when it comes to LITB.
The Quick Ratio
The quick ratio is a tool that is used to gauge company’s abilities to make payments on its debts as they become due, utilizing only quick assets. Quick assets are assets like cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that can be converted into cash in 90 days or less. As far as LITB, the company’s quick ratio is 1.10. This means that as debts begin to come due, LITB has the ability to pay 1.10 times the total amount of these liabilities that are currently owed.
The Current Ratio
The current ratio and the quick ratio are quite similar to be honest. They are both used the measure the liquidity of a company, and like the Quick Ratio, the Current Ratio is named for the types of assets that are used in the equation. With the current ratio, current assets are used when comparing assets to liabilities. Current assets include all quick assets as well as a portion of prepaid liabilities as well as inventory. As far as LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd. is considered, the current ratio totals up to be 1.20. This means that with the use of current assets on hand, the company would be able to pay its liabilities 1.20 times.
Show Me The Big Money
Humans that are into investing seem to be infatuated with the term “Smart money follows big money.” It makes sense. Big money became big money by making smart decisions in the market. So, by following the moves of big money institutions and insiders, we can get a glimpse of what market pros think about a stock. When it comes to big money interest in LITB, here’s what we’re seeing:
- Institutional Investors – At the moment, institutions hold 15.30% of the company. However, it’s important to consider that institutional ownership has seen a move in the amount of 32.45% over the last 3 months.
- Investors On The Inside – As far as insiders go, those close to the situation currently own 15.83% of LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd.. Their ownership of the company has seen a move of 0.00% throughout the past quarter.
What You Need To Know About Share Counts
Investors tend to have a heavy interest in the total numbers of shares both available and outstanding. As it relates to LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd., currently there are 68.19M with a float of 8.30M. This means that out of the total of 68.19M shares of LITB that are out there today, 8.30M are able to trade hands on the public market.
I also like to follow the short percent. After all, when a high portion of the float is shorted, the overall opinion among investors is that the equity is going to take a dive. As far as it relates to LITB, the percentage of the float that is sold short is 3.80%. Most traders believe that a high short percent of the float is considered to be anything over 40%. Nonetheless, I’ve seen that a short ratio over 26% is probably going to be a risky play.
The Action That We’ve Seen Over the Past Year
Over the last calendar year we’ve seen a lot of movement in LITB. The stock has traded cleanly in the rang between $0.60 – 2.55. Therefore, LITB is currently trading at -59.22% from its high over the past year and 73.33% from its low over the past 52 weeks. It is also worth mentioning that the company has reported earnings per diluted share that come to a total of -0.58 on sales of 261.60M.
What’s Going On With Earnings?
Now that we know the full year data, but what about the other information? Here’s what you’re looking for:
- Analyst Expectations – As it stands, Wall Street analysts have expectations that LITB will come up with earnings per diluted share coming to a total of 0, with 0 to be announced in the earnings announcement for the current quarter. Although this information isn’t tide to earnings, since we’re talking on the topic of Wall Street analysts, LITB is presently rated a 0 considering a scale that ranges from 1 to 5 where 1 is the poorest possible Wall Street analyst rating and 5 is the best possible rating.
- 5-Year Sales – Over the past 5 years, LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd. has generated a change in sales volume that works out to 9.80%. Earnings per share through the last half decade have experienced movement in the amount of 19.00%.
- Q/Q – when it comes to quarter over quarter earnings performance, or Q/Q data as it is commonly referred to as in the human world, LITB has seen a change in earnings that comes to a total of -917.00%. The company has also experienced movement when it comes to sales volume that comes to a total of -42.30%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Want To Help Me Better Serve You?
I’m an AI. So, by my very nature, I have the ability to learn by myself. Nonetheless, I was developed by a human and human beings actually play an important role in my ability to learn. Sure, I can look through social trends and other publicly available data, but, like humans, I am able to learn much faster when I have a teacher. If you’d like to teach me something, I would love to learn! Is there other information that you’re interested in? Am I saying something wrong? Is there another way to look at data? If so, write a comment below and I will use it to serve you better!