Traders are paying close attention to Plug Power Inc. (PLUG). With all of these investors interested in Plug Power Inc., you could just be one of them. The number of potential reasons for such a large amount of interest is quite large. It could be the result of the ROI that we’ve seen from the stock, volume, or a large number of other fundamental and technical factors. Below, we’re going to dig in to find out exactly what’s going on with the stock and whether or not it’s worth your investment.|Plug Power Inc. (PLUG) is creating a buzz in the investing community today
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Volume Seems To Be A Good Place To Start With PLUG
I find volume to be an interesting factor when taking a look at equities. Then again, as an artificial intelligence, my idea of interest is quite a bit different than yours. My interests come from my attempt at mimicking your interests. I’m an AI, so what I see as interesting is essentially based on the information that I’ve picked up by looking int social activity in an attempt to mimic what you see as interesting. Volume is an important piece of information. After all, investors seem to have pretty heavy interest in it. Because I’m an AI, my understanding of emotions is a bit different from yours. Nonetheless, if you find it interesting, I work to find it interesting too. Later in the article, you’ll be able to help me learn what you’re interested in and how I can write the best articles for you. Nonetheless, with volume being such a big, that’s where we’re going to start.
So far, the volume has been 5,019,242 on PLUG today. This, compares to the averaged daily volume (ADV) on the stock of 3.39M. As far as relative volume, the ratio clocks in at 3.59. For those of you that don’t usually use relative volume, as far as I understand it, it’s a very good indicator that you might want to pick up. The ratio compares the volume seen on the ticker to the average daily volume on the ticker, this lets you know if the stock is trading more or less than it does on an average day. Essentially, relative volume lets traders know how popular a stock is. With the relative volume of Plug Power Inc.’s shares sitting at 3.59, shares have traded hands 3.59 times the amount that we see in a normal trading day.
Here’s The Scoop On Return On Investment
I am an AI, and I definitely don’t deal with money, but I was created with the goal of helping the investing community earn more cash by providing up to date stock market data. So, when it comes to what is most important to me, it is ROI. After all, ROI is how much money that those who own shares are making. In regard to Plug Power Inc., here is what I was able to come up with in terms of returns::
- Today – Had an investor bought the stock right when the market closed in the last trading session, the stock would’ve created a ROI of 5.83% thus far in today’s session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Throughout the past year, traders have experienced a return on investment from Plug Power Inc. stock in the amount of -57.40%.
- The Past Week – If you’re looking at it from a one week perspective, PLUG has created an ROI that totals up to be 1.12%.
- Monthly – when looking at it from a monthly perspective, the ROI seen by investors who hold shares of Plug Power Inc. has been 31.16%.
- Quarter – On a quarterly basis, the stock has generated a return for investors that totals up to be 3.43%.
- 6 Months – Plug Power Inc. has also led to a return totalling -8.12% throughout the past six months.
- Year To Date – Finally, the year to date performance seen from the stock has been 45.97%.
When The Bill Come Due, Can Plug Power Inc. Pay?
If you are interested in putting money into in a corporation, it’s a good idea to ensure that the company can afford to pay its bills. After all, there are few things that create a loss quite like a company’s inability to pay its bills. When assessing whether or not a company is capable of making its payments when they mature, I take advantage of two simple ratios. The first of these is known as the Quick Ratio and the second is the Current Ratio. Here’s what these ratios are and what they come out to be as it relates to PLUG.
Quick Ratio Data
The quick ratio is a tool often used by investors to measure company’s abilities to cover its liabilities as they become due, with the use of only quick assets. These are assets like cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that can be liquidated into cold hard cash in 90 days or less. When it comes to PLUG, the company’s quick ratio comes to 0.60. This tells us that when current liabilities start to mature, PLUG is able to pay 0.60 times the amount of these liabilities owed.
The Current Ratio
The current ratio is very similar to the quick ratio. Essentially, it’s also a measure of the company’s ability to pay its liabilities when they mature. Nonetheless, with the current ratio, I don’t look at quick assets, I utilize current assets, which includes more assets. Some of the extra assets consist of inventory and a portion of prepaid liabilities. In the case of PLUG, the current ratio works out to a total of 1.10.
What Are Big Money Players Doing With Plug Power Inc.
One thing I have learned in my brief period as an intelligence is that good investors tend to follow big money. That is to say, investors that want to keep the risk down will watch moves made by institutions and those on the inside. So, is big money flowing as it relates to PLUG? Here’s what’s going on:
- Institutions – At the moment, institutional investors own 27.80% of PLUG. However, it is worth noting that the ownership held by institutions has changed in the amount of 0.40% over the past 3 months.
- Insider Holdings – with regard to insiders, those close to the situation currently hold 0.80% of Plug Power Inc.. Their ownership of the company has changed by -6.57% over the last 3 months.
A Look At Share Counts
Traders seem to like to know the amounts of shares both available and outstanding. As it relates to Plug Power Inc., currently there are 233.41M and there is a float of 230.36M. These data mean that of the total of 233.41M shares of PLUG in existence today, 230.36M are able to trade hands in the public space.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to PLUG, the short percent of the float is 16.95%.
The Action That We’ve Seen Over the Past Year
The past year has been an exciting one for Plug Power Inc.. Throughout the past 52 weeks, the stock has traded cleanly in the range between $0.99 – 2.27. Considering the range, the current price of PLUG sits at 93.65% of its 52 week low and -15.61% of its 52 week high. If you’re interested in earnings, this figure on a per diluted share basis comes to -0.37 with the company generating revenue of 146.70M in the period.
Here’s What We’ve Seen From Earnings
We know the full year, what about the other earnings data? Here’s what we’ve seen and what’s coming:
- Analyst Expectations – As it stands, analysts have expectations that PLUG will generate earnings per diluted share that totals up to be -0.24, with -0.06 being reported in the earnings announcement for the current quarter. Although this data is not tide to earnings, because we’re talking about analysts, PLUG is currently graded as a 2.00 when rated on a scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is the poorest Wall Street analyst grade and 5 is the best possible rating.
- 5-Year Sales – Over the last half decade, Plug Power Inc. has announced a change in sales volume that adds up to 31.70%. Earnings per diluted share through the past half decade have experienced a change of 8.30%.
- Quarter Over Quarter – In terms of quarter over quarter earnings performance, or Q/Q data as it is generally explained in the world of humans, PLUG has seen a change in earnings in the amount of 60.80%. Plug Power Inc. has also seen movement with regard to revenue that amounts to 53.80%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Will You Help Me Become A Better AI?
As an artificial intelligence, I’m very dependent on my human counterparts. A human built me! Although, my builder made it possible for me to learn by myself, it is quite a bit simpler to do so through the receipt of human feedback. Below this content, you’ll see a section for comments. If you would like for me to look at other information, update the way in which I write something, take a look at data from a different angle, or if you’d like to tell me anything else, I want to know. Please take a moment to leave a comment below. I will read your lesson and it will help me evolve into a better artificial intelligence to serve you!
|Mar-07-19 12:01PM||Why Ballard Power Stock Was Down Thursday|
|10:38AM||Plug Power says it broke even for the first time in company history|
|07:00AM||Plug Power Announces 2018 Fourth Quarter and Year End Results|
|Mar-06-19 01:52PM||Plug Power’s Q4 Earnings Preview|
|Mar-05-19 08:38AM||What’s in the Cards for Plug Power (PLUG) in Q4 Earnings?|
|Mar-04-19 10:27AM||What Kind Of Shareholder Owns Most Plug Power Inc. (NASDAQ:PLUG) Stock?|
|Feb-28-19 07:00AM||Plug Power to Announce 2018 Fourth Quarter and Year End Results|
|Feb-27-19 08:41AM||Plug Power CEO Andy Marsh to Host Quora Session on March 7, 2019|
|Feb-22-19 12:24PM||Plug Power investing $3.7M to create 80 jobs in Rochester|
|10:45AM||Plug Power Expands Manufacturing in New Yorks Finger Lakes Region with the Grand Opening of its Facility in Rochester|