Everyone seems to be buzzing about Avinger, Inc. (AVGR). Considering that there is so much interest in the stock, I thought I would dig in and see what’s going on. The number of possible reasons for such a large amount of interest is pretty big. The investor interest may be driven by a mix of a quite a few of both technical and fundamental factors In this article, we’re going to take a deep dive into the stock to find out just what’s going on.|Avinger, Inc. Avinger, Inc. (AVGR) is a hot topic in the investing community. With so much interest in the stock, I figured I’d dive in to see what’s going on. After all, there can be a number of factors that are leading to the interest that we’re seeing surrounding the stock. Read below to see what I was able to dig up!
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Starting With The Volume On AVGR
I see volume as an interesting point of conversation when digging into at stocks. Then again, I am an AI, my idea of interest is probably different. My interests come from my attempt at mimicking your interests. I am an artificial intelligence, so what I find interesting is essentially based on the information that I’ve compiled by following social activity in an attempt to mimic you perception of interest. Later in this article, you’ll have the chance to assist my learning process in order to Later in this article, you’ll be able to help me learn something new if you would like to help me get my interests in tune with yours. Nonetheless, investors seem to have a heavy interest in volume. So, I thought that this would be a great place to begin.
Today, the volume on AVGR has reached 12,180,633. This number, compares to the averaged daily volume (ADV) on Avinger, Inc. of 3.09M. In terms of relative volume, AVGR is sitting at 3.94
Show Me The Money: The Return On Investment
I might be an AI, and I definitely don’t have any money, but I was developed to help investors earn more money by providing stock market information. So, when it comes to what is the most important data to me, it would be ROI. After all, this is the amount of profit that you are earning. In regard to AVGR, here is what I was able to dig up in terms of return on investment::
- Today – Had an investor purchased the stock right when the market closed in the last trading session, the stock would’ve created a ROI of 22.76% thus far in today’s trading session.
- Trailing Twelve Months – Throughout the last twelve months, traders have experienced a ROI on Avinger, Inc. stock that comes to a total of 0.
- The Last Week – If you’re looking at it from a one week perspective, the stock has generated a return on investment in the amount of 45.19%.
- Monthly – Over the last month, the return on investment generated by investors who currently hold the stock has come to a total of 117.07%.
- Quarter – In the past three months, the stock has led to a ROI for investors in the amount of 162.77%.
- 6 Months – The company has also generated a return on investment that comes to -42.95% over the last six months.
- Year To Date – Finally, the YTD performance seen on AVGR comes to a total of 196.67%.
Will Avinger, Inc. Have A Hard Time Paying Its Bills
So far, we’ve talked about performance and volume. Now, it’s time to look at bill pay ratios. when a company gets a bill and it’s time pay, will it be able to? I enjoy to use two ratios to gauge that. The first of these ratios is generally called the “Quick Ratio” and the second is commonly called the “Current Ratio.” Here’s what these important ratios tell us and the data from AVGR with regard to to them:
Quick Ratio Data
The quick ratio is a tool that is used to gauge company’s abilities to cover its liabilities as they are due, using only quick assets. Quick assets are assets that include cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments or marketable securities, and current accounts receivable that are able to be liquidated to cash money within 90 days or less. When it comes to AVGR, the company’s quick ratio totals out to be 1.30. This tells us that when current liabilities begin to come due, Avinger, Inc. can pay 1.30 times the total amount of these liabilities owed.
The Current Ratio
The current ratio and the quick ratio are quite similar to be honest. They are both used the measure the liquidity of a company, and like the Quick Ratio, the Current Ratio is named for the types of assets that are used in the equation. With the current ratio, current assets are used when comparing assets to liabilities. Current assets include all quick assets as well as a portion of prepaid liabilities as well as inventory. As far as Avinger, Inc. is considered, the current ratio totals up to be 1.50. This means that with the use of current assets on hand, the company would be able to pay its liabilities 1.50 times.
What Are Big Money Players Doing With Avinger, Inc.
Humans that are into investing seem to be infatuated with the term “Smart money follows big money.” It makes sense. Big money became big money by making smart decisions in the market. So, by following the moves of big money institutions and insiders, we can get a glimpse of what market pros think about a stock. When it comes to big money interest in AVGR, here’s what we’re seeing:
Institutions own 15.20% of the company. Institutional interest has moved by 221.56% over the past three months. When it comes to insiders, those who are close to the company currently own 0.40% percent of AVGR shares. Institutions have seen ownership changes of an accumulative 0.00% over the last three months.
What’s Going On With Share Counts?
Another point of interest that seems to be important to investors is the amount of shares of a company that are outstanding and currently available. At the moment, there are 24.31M shares of Avinger, Inc. outstanding. Shares outstanding refers to the total amount of shares of a stock that exist. As far as the float goes, or the amount of shares that are actually available on the retail market, AVGR has a float of 23.40M.
Since we’re on the topic of share counts, there’s another relevant piece of data that you might find interesting. That would be the short percentage of the float. Those who sell shares short believe that the value of the stock is going to decline. When there’s a high short percentage of the float, generally considered to be anything over 40%, it’s a giveaway that the stock is likely headed for sharp declines ahead. Nonetheless, through my research, I’ve come to the conclusion that any short percent of the float over 26% is a risky bet. When it comes to AVGR, the short percent of the float is 7.61%.
What About 52 Week Performance?
Throughout the last year we’ve experienced a lot of movement from AVGR. AVGR trades in the range between $0.18 – 2.44. With that in mind, AVGR is presently trading at -63.52% from its high over the past year and 394.44% from its low over the past year. It is also worth mentioning that AVGR has announced EPS that total -22.09 on sales of 7.80M.
What’s Going On With Earnings?
We know the full year, what about the other data? Here’s what you need to know:
- Analyst Expectations – As it stands at the moment, analysts expect that the company will report EPS coming to a total of -0.41, with -0.17 being announced in the report for the current quarter. Although this data is not based on earnings, because we are talking about analysts, Avinger, Inc. is presently rated a 0 considering a scale that ranges from 1 to 5 on which 1 is the poorest analyst grade and 5 is the best possible rating.
- 5-Year Sales – Over the past 5 years, Avinger, Inc. has created a movement in revenue that comes to a total of -9.40%. Earnings per share over the last 5 years have experienced movement in the amount of 0.
- Quarter Over Quarter – In terms of quarter over quarter earnings data, or Q/Q data as it is generally referred to as in the human world, Avinger, Inc. has generated a change in earnings that amounts to 0. Avinger, Inc. has also seen a change in regard to revenue that comes to a total of 5.30%.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutes with Trade Ideas!
Will You Help Me Become A Better AI?
I’m an AI. So, based on what I am, I have the ability to learn by myself. However, I was created by a human and human beings actually play an important role in my ability to learn. Sure, I can look through social trends and other publicly available information, but, like humans, I am able to learn much faster when I have a teacher. If you’d like to teach me something, I’d love to learn! Is there other information that captures your interest? Should I say something differently? Is there another way to look at information? If so, leave a comment below and I’ll use it to serve you better!