A nurse is not just a woman with some certifications and a license. Behind being a nurse, there are several sleepless nights, dedication, willingness to help people, and lots of hard work involved. After getting the nursing license, the main target will be to keep it safe from any kind of allegation.
In California, the types of licensed nurses are categorized into several categories by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). They are:
- Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Nurse Midwife (NMW)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Nurse Anaesthetist (NA)
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse (PMHN)
- Public Health Nurse (PHN)
The BRN is very strict about any allegation against nurses, and they can cancel their license for a lifetime. So, if you are in this kind of situation, you may need help from nursing license defense lawyers in California. In this article, we will discuss how a lawyer will help you defend your nursing license.
Benefits of Hiring a Nursing License Defense Lawyer
There are several reasons to hire a nursing license defense lawyer in California.
- Specialization:You may not treat your headache with a heart specialist, right? Why? Because they are not specialized to treat headaches. Nursing license defense lawyers are specialized in defending these kinds of cases. They have different skills and knowledge to protect their client’s rights.
- Community Network: In the legal arena, community networking is crucial to fight against the court. The nursing license lawyers have specific community network connections, which help them to collect proper information and research the case from various perspectives. Due to their connection, they know the characteristics of the board members from in and out, and they can organize their case according to the thinking of the board member.
- Easy Explanation: An experienced nursing license defense lawyer knows how to explain the case and the workflow to their clients easily. So that their clients can understand the whole process and can know what will come next. An inexperienced lawyer will show off their skill and make the whole scenario complex for their clients.
- They Know the Terminology: Experienced nursing license lawyers know the law terms and scope of winning the case very well. Without them, you cannot go through the process and cannot handle the law’s terms and conditions. They can help you to take the burden on them and make you relax.
- Identify the Root Cause and Solve It: When you are in trouble with your license for an allegation of violating the rules of a hospital or going beyond the scope of service, the first thing you should be to identify the root cause of the problem. The lawyer will help you to find the root cause and then the way to solve it and protect your license.
What to Look for While Hiring a Nursing License Defense Lawyer
It is very important to choose the right lawyer to protect your license. Below are some important characteristics to look for in a nursing license lawyer.
- Experience:Find out their experience with similar cases and the success rate. A low success rate and less experience will reduce the chance of winning the case.
- Reviews: Before hiringa lawyer, you need to look for reviews from past clients. You can find reviews on different business directories, review sites, social media platforms, and their websites. Be careful about fake reviews.
- Charge and fees: Any reputable nursing license defense lawyer will not charge you upfront. They will charge you after you win the case. They will obviously make a clear agreement about their charge.
- Communication: A good lawyer will always communicate with their clients to gather information, take suggestions, and inform them about the progress. Talk to them before you give them the case, and check how they communicate.
When you have an allegation and have the chance to lose your license, it is really a crucial moment for you, especially when you have a family to feed. Hiring a good nursing license defense lawyer in California will help you to get out of the allegation and get your life back on track.