Shawarma initially originated in Ottoman Empire. It is prepared by grilling meat, lamb, beef, chicken, or even a combination on a spit for a long duration.
This article outlines the machines used to prepare shawarma and what to consider when choosing one.
Features of the machine
- Motor – It rotates the meat to ensure that the sides receive adequate heat.
- Burner – It provides heat to the shawarma.
- Oil drain tray – It holds oil that drains from the shawarma.
- The ON/OFF switch is a knob to turn the machine on or off.
- Automatic machines come with an automatic regulator that ignites the burner.
- Some machines will come with a cutting machine that cuts the meat uniformly others will require you to cut by hand
Steps to follow when putting meat on the machine
- Put huge pieces of meat on the spit to ensure your foundation is firm. This builds a foundation for your shawarma tower.
- You will then pick four identical pieces of meat. Place two pieces directly into the previously layered meat, ensuring they are parallel to each other. However, do not place the pieces on the spit.
- Then turn the base to an angle of 90 degrees. Lay another pair of two pieces and link the sections by placing a huge potion on the spit.
- Once you have achieved the desired height of the shawarma, trim the meat by cutting the excess.
Various machines are used to prepare shawarma.
- Two-burner – It has a single rod, and the whole body is stainless steel. The power source used is gas, which is very suitable for restaurants.
- Three-burner – Shawarma machine with three burners, auto ignition, three sides doo, rs, and a heavy motor.
- Gas machine – They have a vertical rotisserie and use gas as their power source. It is made of stainless steel, which is not easy to corrode, making it durable.
- Electric – Vertical rotisserie that draws power from an electric grid. While choosing, ensure that your power switch is fused to withstand the high wattage.
- Shawarma griller – Comes with a griller that rotates and three burners. It is suitable for restaurants as it is heavy-duty.
Things to consider when buying a machine for preparing shawarma
- Budget – Using a machine to prepare shawarma is efficient but could be expensive. Choose shawarma that incurs a reasonable expense in terms of production. You will have to go for a small machine if you have very few customers.
- Material – Ensure that the machine is made of durable material so it last longer.
- Storage – Depending on your shawarma spot, ensure you have space to place the safe machine. If not, you would get a portable one to allow you to move with it.
- Business – If your spot is usually buzzing with customers, then you would have to choose one that is heavy-duty to save you time.
Safety and maintenance tips
- Avoid placing highly flammable liquids close to the machine.
- Make sure it is off while cleaning.
- Make sure the storage room is well-ventilated.
- Ensure that nobody handles the machine untrained.
Using a shawarma machine is effective and efficient. This article would be relevant to someone looking to acquire one.