Rocket and LegalZoom are two of the most popular LLC services in the industry as they both have millions of customers. So it’s easy to ask for one of these. However, Rocket Lawyers have a number of advantages that make them a great choice for many of our readers. LegalZoom’s biggest advantage over most of its competitors is experience. However, Rocket Lawyer is the only firm in the industry that serves more clients than LegalZoom. Additionally, Rocket Lawyer has a comprehensive legal services subscription plan that offers discounts on LLC formation services and registered agent services that you can try risk-free for a week. While both Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom have many positives, neither is one of our absolute favorite companies in the industry. For almost all of our readers looking for LLC services, we recommend Zen Business.
Zen Business is only $39 instead of the $99.99 price tag that Rocket Lawyer charges, or the $79 package offered by LegalZoom. In addition, they include a full year of registered agent services and many other important features. Plus, they have great customer reviews with thousands of positive reviews all over the web.
What they have in common
- Affordable: Both LegalZoom and Rocket Lawyer fill the gap between DIY options and hiring a lawyer. You won’t be alone, and you can still save hundreds of dollars by hiring a business attorney.
- Customer Support: When it comes to not doing it alone, one of the biggest benefits of hiring an LLC formation service is that they have a customer service representative who can help with your issues. If you have any questions or concerns, it’s just a phone call or email away.
- Experience: Both Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom have millions of clients. They all have a wealth of experience and an impressive number of clients.
- Additional Services: These companies still have a lot to offer entrepreneurs after you’ve formed them. From registered agent services to tax identification numbers, from licensing to ongoing compliance, Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom can provide many of the services your business may need.
- Guaranteed service: LegalZoom has a 100% satisfaction guarantee that you can use it anytime within 60 days of purchase, while Rocket Lawyer has a similar guarantee, giving you a 30-day guarantee. Many of their competitors do not offer you such a guarantee.
- Education: If you need extra help, or just want to learn more about the business world, both of their sites contain a wealth of information on various issues that can affect your company.
Side by side comparison
Rocket Lawyer Vs Legal Zoom is LLC formation services start at $79, while Rocket Lawyer charges more at $99.99. Rocket Lawyer also offers free LLC organizations for new subscribers to its $39.99 per month legal services plan. Sure, everyone would pay $79 for a similar service instead of $99.99, right? Let’s see if Rocket Lawyer can close that pricing gap a bit as we work our way through the categories below.
Both of these providers offer very basic LLC formation services. In addition to simply preparing and filing your Articles of Organization, LegalZoom adds a banking solution to help you open business checking and savings accounts, and Rocket Lawyer’s only additional feature is a hard copy of your forming documents.
The disappointing aspect of both companies in this area is that neither includes registered agent services in their formation packages. That’s why none of these companies have a place in our top 3 options for LLC formation services – there are others (like Zen Business and IncFile) that offer their clients for less money than Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom more valuable features.
LegalZoom has served more than 4 million customers since it began offering online business services in 2001, about half of which are business customers. While that’s already impressive, Rocket Lawyer is on another level, serving a staggering 20 million clients since 2008.
Rocket Lawyer Review and LegalZoom are both such large companies, so it’s no surprise to hear that their customer service may be affected. Because of the breadth of these support networks, it’s understandable that some dissatisfied customers slip through the cracks. LegalZoom does have an advantage in terms of availability as they are open 10am-8pm on weekdays and 10am-7pm on weekends. Representatives from Rocket Lawyer are available on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET.
Rocket Lawyer is faster in some states and LegalZoom is faster in others. That’s because Rocket Lawyer’s estimates vary by state, and LegalZoom’s turnaround time depends on the level of service you purchase: LegalZoom takes 30 business days for the Economy plan, about 15 business days for the Standard plan, and 7 business days for Express Gold. -10 days. We really like the approach Rocket Lawyer uses as we don’t appreciate the way LegalZoom speeds up or slows down your LLC formation based on the amount you spend on their platform.